Trouble making a old router as AP

desertcomputer

I have old router (N300 Netcomm) i wanted to make into guest portal access point from a different network. I have untangle router setup, I have trouble as after disabling DCHP server on the old router i cannot access the network and router won't give connect users IP therefore no one can connect via that old router via wifi nor Ethernet. Is there any special setting have set in my untangle, as have set similar setting as my main network which has my other newer router acts as AP (NetGear one) which as option to enable access point. I presume NAT is also disable in this process, as well the router becomes not accessible after these changes but on untangle the device is still shown as connected. 

Magical Pineapples

to use random router as an AP

1. set the router's IP to a different class than what your main network uses
  2. disable DHCP server
  3. disable NAT
  4. disable Firewall
  5. connect cable from your main network to port 1, not WAN port - WAN port should not be used
  6. other network devices (PC) can be connected to the rest of the ports (2-4)

some routers also allow DHCP passthrough...but it doesn't sound like this is one of them. So the WAN port on this router is not going to work for switching.You can't route to a network that has the same IP address space. Most consumer routers hard set the WAN port as a routed (Layer 3) port. If you can't turn on DHCP passthrough and disable routing, then z meul's method should work.