Any mirror less camera under 1000USD ?

Go to solution Solved by GH3,

The Panasonic G7 is the best camera under $1000, and the new G85 but it's almost identical apart from weather sealing.

Until yesterday the Panasonic G7 /w kit lens was on sale for $500, now it's back up to $670. You can find the body alone for $450 on eBay. 

Panasonic G7 Body, 14-42mm Lens, Rode Video Mic Pro, Class 10 SD Card, and Extra Batteries, for about $900. Leaving $100 for a camera bag, tripod, dolly, etc. 

Hello, I'm looking for a good Mirror less Camera Under 1000USD which can shoot 4k video and comes with a kit lens to get me started....

5 hours ago, dante04317 said:

Hello, I'm looking for a good Mirror less Camera Under 1000USD which can shoot 4k video and comes with a kit lens to get me started....

You have these cameras all under $1000 that can record 4K and are all mirrorless.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|1&ci=1871&N=4294548093+3767012660&srtclk=sort&mnp=&mxp=1000

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

I would go slightly over budget and get a A6300, body alone is $999 so technically under $1000 but you will need a lens.

i was thinking about Panasonic G7 or G85, which one is better. without considering the value of lenses

The Panasonic G7 is the best camera under $1000, and the new G85 but it's almost identical apart from weather sealing.

Until yesterday the Panasonic G7 /w kit lens was on sale for $500, now it's back up to $670. You can find the body alone for $450 on eBay. 

Panasonic G7 Body, 14-42mm Lens, Rode Video Mic Pro, Class 10 SD Card, and Extra Batteries, for about $900. Leaving $100 for a camera bag, tripod, dolly, etc. 

3 hours ago, dante04317 said:

i was thinking about Panasonic G7 or G85, which one is better. without considering the value of lenses

The G7 is $250 less, has better battery life, smaller & lighter, and faster shutter speed. The G85 is environmental proof, 2fps faster in continuous shooting, has "decent" image stabilization, and focus stacks which is useless in video mode.

I'd recommend the G7 over the G85 simply due to the price. Yes the G85 is environmental proof, but when are you going to be photographing / filming in pouring rain. 

Source: http://cameradecision.com/compare/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G7-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G85

One more thing. Don't get a camcorder. They're expensive, less and less companies are making lenses for them, lens are extremely expensive for professional camcorders, and you don't have the same dynamic possibilities like you do with Mirrorless and DSLR. 

Best of luck man!

• 3 weeks later...

Fuji Xt-1 or xt-10. I've seen shots from them and they are great. I own a Canon 6d, t6i, and a Fuji xt-2 and fuji's image quality is great. The sad part is metabones makes speedboosters and adapters for lenses from every other common mount besides EF. 

If you're looking for low cost high quality 4k, the panasonic g7 really has to be the best option especially because of how versatile the micro four thirds mount is.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Wouldn't any point and shoot camera be mirrorless?

A good photographer knows where to focus the lens, a bad photographer focuses on the wrong things.  A good photographer goes out to the world and tries to create something new, a lazy wannabe photographer goes to a museum to take photos of things people have photographed before. - Good Photography

On 12/26/2016 at 2:06 AM, AbrahamoLincolni said:

Wouldn't any point and shoot camera be mirrorless?

Good point, but I meant a mirror less camera with interchangeable lenses