Memory fills up without dumping itself.

Okay. So cutting right to the chase. It seems that my ram will not dump itself. So, lets say I wanna play world of warcraft, I start it up and play for 2 hours and then close it and watch some videos on youtube or die a little inside while scrolling through facebook. I decide that I wanna play Subnautica, launch it up and start to play swimming around in the terrifying open ocean. I start lagging and the ocean won't load kinda like in Minecraft when your chunks won't load. I close the game and do some youtube and the videos will start to lag. At this point my memory usage will probably be around 95% I can only assume that if it goes up to 99 or a 100% I will get the oh so dreaded BSOD. I think I might have gotten it once when I left my computer and came back to it being restarted. I have run both windows ram test aswell as Memtest which find no errors. I have looked for viruses with both Windows defender and Avast and I have also ran Ccleaner several times to no avail (Doubt that Ccleaner would be able to fix it anyways, but it was worth a shot) Now I am currently sitting at 87% so I will restart my computer now after I hit post now as it is curently sitting at 87% used with google chrome open taking the most which is about 250 mb... 

My specs are available in my profile. I have also made sure all my drivers are up to date. And there are no windows updates to be found. If you guys need anything else just tell me and I will provide. Anyways, brb, restarting the computer. :|

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

Browsers have memory leaks. They don't free up all of their acquired memory when closed. It's one of the dangers of programming in C/C++ and using dynamic allocation (not that you ever should these days). If programmers aren't perfect, memory leaks and is never freed. Restart your machine and either learn to use Edge/Opera (Chrome is terrible with memory leaks), and next time, buy a machine with more memory.

Edit: So you're not using a laptop with 2GB...

Give us a screenshot of your task manager applications ranked by memory.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

3 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Browsers have memory leaks. They don't free up all of their acquired memory when closed. It's one of the dangers of programming in C/C++ and using dynamic allocation (not that you ever should these days). If programmers aren't perfect, memory leaks and is never freed. Restart your machine and either learn to use Edge/Opera (Chrome is terrible with memory leaks), and next time, buy a machine with more memory.

16Gig of ram should be plenty for chrome even with a LOT of tabs open.

Are you really suggesting that his RAM usage is sitting at 90% from one chrome tab?

I understand memory leaks are a thing, but c'mon.

1 minute ago, rhyseyness said:

16Gig of ram should be plenty for chrome even with a LOT of tabs open.

Are you really suggesting that his RAM usage is sitting at 90% from one chrome tab?

I understand memory leaks are a thing, but c'mon.

It took you that long to read and reply? See the edits.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

UMWYZMU.jpg

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

20 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

UMWYZMU.jpg

Try replicating the problem discribed in your original post, but instead of chrome, try a different browser and see if the same problem occurs.

Computers r fun

Uninstall Killer Network Manager and you'll be golden.

It's been causing memory leaks ever since Windows 8

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Just reinstalled the network driver to the driver only with no manager or killer network suite. I will check back later to see if that resolves it. As for chrome and memory leaks. I did go a day without using only Edge and at the end of the day I still had my memory fill up. Hoping that @revsilverspine suggestions fixed this shite. I'll get back to you once I know if it did or not :)