Finding the bios revision on an Asus Sabertooth x99

So I building my first computer and I have run into a bit of a snag. I was able to get an asus sabertooth x99 used for around $175, and in my ignorance of bios revisions I purchased a 6800k cpu because it was on sale for $10 cheaper than the 5820k. So my question is can I update the bios on the mother board with this cpu or even better yet where can I find the current bios version printed on the mother board its self?

Try downloading CPU-Z and going to the mainboard tab :) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I must add that this I am in the initial building process of the computer and do not have not built the computer yet, but mr meerkat your response dose cause me to ask another question. Will this cpu work for me up until the point where I can manually update the bios if the it is not the correct version?

18 minutes ago, TheWhiteYak said:

So I building my first computer and I have run into a bit of a snag. I was able to get an asus sabertooth x99 used for around $175, and in my ignorance of bios revisions I purchased a 6800k cpu because it was on sale for $10 cheaper than the 5820k. So my question is can I update the bios on the mother board with this cpu or even better yet where can I find the current bios version printed on the mother board its self?

3 minutes ago, TheWhiteYak said:

I must add that this I am in the initial building process of the computer and do not have not built the computer yet, but mr meerkat your response dose cause me to ask another question. Will this cpu work for me up until the point where I can manually update the bios if the it is not the correct version?

Your Asus Sabertooth x99 supports USB BIOS Flashback.  All you need is power to the board and the BIOS transferred to a USB flash drive.  You do not have to have a CPU or memory installed to update the BIOS via this method.

Good luck.