Razer Imperator 2012 left click dying

Inkz

So my Imperator is well out of warranty.  About a year ago it started getting stuck in windows were the cursor would only go up and down, or left and right. The only way to fix it was plug it in again, sometimes taking hours worth of attempts. I could somewhat solve this by keeping my computer on sometimes. But in the past few months my left click with sometimes click multiple times, up to like seven plus times with one click. Now sometimes when I hold down my left click it will just stop mid way through. Any advice to fix this?

15 minutes ago, Inkz said:

The only way to fix it was plug it in again, sometimes taking hours worth of attempts.

You are plugging (correct term? ) it again and again for hours? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

You are plugging it again and again for hours? 

I have had to before. It think it has to do with the USB connection.

10 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

You are plugging (correct term? ) it again and again for hours? 

Taking it physically out of the USB port and plugging it back in.

2 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Taking it physically out of the USB port and plugging it back in.

My point was "for hours". :P I suppose it happens on all ports? 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

My point was "for hours". :P I suppose it happens on all ports? 

Yes, and it was very frustrating.

22 minutes ago, Inkz said:

Yes, and it was very frustrating.

As I see it, your only options are:

1) Get a new mouse

2) Change the current USB plug (as in solder another one). If that doesn't help, open up the mouse and try to switch the wire yourself and hope that the problem is in the wire and not in the PCB. If you think you're not up to the task, if you know someone who could replace it ask them for help. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

As I see it, your only options are:

1) Get a new mouse

2) Change the current USB plug (as in solder another one). If that doesn't help, open up the mouse and try to switch the wire yourself and hope that the problem is in the wire and not in the PCB. If you think you're not up to the task, if you know someone who could replace it ask them for help. 

Well I really don't feel comfortable doing that, and I don't know anyone in my area. I guess I will get a extra g502 later. Do you know if these parts just wear out with time, like the left click? I have a friend who got a Razer mouse from around the same year, but his right click it the problem one.

Just now, Inkz said:

Well I really don't feel comfortable doing that, and I don't know anyone in my area. I guess I will get a extra g502 later. 

Mind you, you can try to take it to a repair shop but it might not be $ worth it. Since you're planning on getting a new one, might as well mess play with this one and open it up. :P

And before getting a G502, try it. I was dead set on getting it myself, but after trying it first I realized it was uncomfortable for my thumb so I had to pass on it. 

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Mind you, you can try to take it to a repair shop but it might not be $ worth it. Since you're planning on getting a new one, might as well mess play with this one and open it up. :P

And before getting a G502, try it. I was dead set on getting it myself, but after trying it first I realized it was uncomfortable for my thumb so I had to pass on it. 

I had to copy paste this quote because I guess quoting just isn't working for me right now. But I already do have a G502 that I use with my laptop, but I also want one to keep with my desktop. I love the ergonomics, the only complain I would have would be that the scroll wheel feels loose, but hyper-scrolling is cool, so I guess it is a trade off. Also I had some custom macros on my Imperator, but I guess I can remake them later.