Toyota Prius Prime Advanced 2017 Unboxing

tbh, the thing I'm wondering the most is why they chose Linus of all people. It's pretty clear from his last few car videos that he isn't much of a car person...

Unless he's being brought over to talk about the tech being used in the car, since he's one of the most recognizable faces in the tech YouTube space. Even then, I'm sure there are better people they could bring over to talk about cars.

8 hours ago, mikeeginger said:

True but the title could be seen as misleading - As it is sponsored content 

And should be labeled as such 

it is labeled as sponsored also car companies won't let  you near their shit unless you've signed tons of contracts and them hiding most things. think of the videos as a great way to help support ltt since withought them we'd be withought ltt or at least greatly reduced  video out put either way they are listed as sponsored content.

17 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

But it IS labeled according to FCC regulations (at the bottom left at the beginning and then more at the center when Linus questions why Toyota would even bother asking him to do this), plus it doesn't take a genius to know that Toyota played a hand in the making of this video. You seem to think that the viewership of LTT is dumb, which could not be any further from the truth.

That said, video would have been much more entertaining if Linus were actually allowed to be Linus.

I know Linus is not dumb in fact I think he is very smart.

This is very clear from the journey that LTT has taken from the back room at NCIX to their own warehouse and 10 employees

With more specialized roles eg Legal and Finance -

As well as the Business connections they have made in terms of getting huge amounts of hardware for free

In addition to securing regular sponsors for there content.

It's clear Linus is much smarter he makes out to be in his videos 

In regards to fcc regs - I would like to see Sponsored in the title - which is done by other youtubers and the companies they do sponsored work with

Eg Some one like Jessie cox or Dodger were they make it very clear that the video is sponsored and the views should be taken with a large grain of salt 

With Sponsored in the Title. I would like to see that small change 

And yes it clear Toyota had a and the video was clearly pointed towards certain points 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

16 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

But it IS labeled according to FCC regulations (at the bottom left at the beginning and then more at the center when Linus questions why Toyota would even bother asking him to do this), plus it doesn't take a genius to know that Toyota played a hand in the making of this video. You seem to think that the viewership of LTT is dumb, which could not be any further from the truth.

That said, video would have been much more entertaining if Linus were actually allowed to be Linus.

I know the viewer base is not dumb I mean look at the forum

But the video was title in a click bate style and  I would like to see the work sponsored added to the title 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

2 hours ago, mikeeginger said:

I know the viewer base is not dumb I mean look at the forum

But the video was title in a click bate style and  I would like to see the work sponsored added to the title 

"Toyota's Car for Tech Enthusiasts - Prius Prime "Unboxing" "

How the hell is that click-bait? It's really easy to tell what's about to happen unless you live under a rock and is quite accurate in describing the contents of the video. If you're talking about the caption in the thumbnail, that's nothing new compared to what they've done in the past. I'm having a really hard time seeing the logic in adding a word in a title when it's absolutely unnecessary just for your personal taste. Just because other people do it (probably as their way of following regulations) doesn't mean LTT should have to if their solution is just as sufficient.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Echo'ing the sentiments that it did feel more like a Toyota commercial than an objective unboxing. That said, I would be lying to myself if I said the collision of LMG and the automotive worlds wasn't at the very least interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing objective automotive videos from LMG, but perhaps in it's own dedicated automotive channel (if at all).

As a one-off video it's so painfully obvious that this was a paid commercial spot first, and a LTT "unboxing" second. I feel the number of thumbs down backs that assessment. 

The reason why linus was asked to make the video was because they think it would appeal to the tech enthusiast. They know car enthusiasts absolutely hate prius and that most people who watch LTT are geeks and normal people who dont know a thing but are interested in tech.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:09 PM, Daring said:

tbh, the thing I'm wondering the most is why they chose Linus of all people. It's pretty clear from his last few car videos that he isn't much of a car person...

Unless he's being brought over to talk about the tech being used in the car, since he's one of the most recognizable faces in the tech YouTube space. Even then, I'm sure there are better people they could bring over to talk about cars.

1) He has a large Youtube audience.

2) He will plug basically any product/company that pays him.

3) He has talked about doing car videos before.

4) He accepted.

Four very good reasons why they would choose him.

It's not like a lack of knowledge has stopped him from making videos before...

On 12/2/2016 at 2:30 PM, mikeeginger said:

In regards to fcc regs - I would like to see Sponsored in the title - which is done by other youtubers and the companies they do sponsored work with

Eg Some one like Jessie cox or Dodger were they make it very clear that the video is sponsored and the views should be taken with a large grain of salt 

With Sponsored in the Title. I would like to see that small change 

And yes it clear Toyota had a and the video was clearly pointed towards certain points 

Linus would have to add [SPONSORED] to pretty much all videos if that was the case.

It's easier to just assume everything is sponsored.

I'd pick a good clean turbo diesel (Euro 5) car over any weak petrol hybrid car any day.