NEXT GEN CONSOLES!

Guest Jagobeth

Has console gaming beaten pc gaming? I mean you cant build a pc with the same specs considering you dont have to build it for your self, awesome case looks, size and ... optimization (graphics and controller) which relates to overall better gaming experience. Your opinion?

Has console gaming beaten pc gaming? ...overall better gaming experience.

No, and no.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Maybe you should do a poll.

not even close bro, where light years away. Its fine.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

How high are you?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Maybe you should do a poll.

not even close bro, where light years away. Its fine.

a little hint?

um, i invite you to play on an xbox one, then come to my house and play the same game in 5760x1080

we'll see what better gaming experience actually is

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

a little hint?

analogy:

you get your first Hd display of your life in 2013.

Your happy, but theres better out there, then you think you have the best thing ever.

-You look ignorant

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

yeah sure m8

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

you cant build a pc with the same specs

Yes, yes you can.

optimization (graphics and controller) which relates to overall better gaming experience.

Graphics is probably the one area where PC is able to take consoles, bend them over and have its way with them. You want actual 1080p gameplay at 60fps? Lol, you cannot haz on console - let alone stereo3D, surround gaming, Occulus Rift etc. As for controllers, you can just buy an Xbox controller for PC and use that - assuming ofc you're willing to sacrifice the demonstrable superiority of mouse and keyboard when it comes to accuracy...

Now, as others have said - fuck off. Idc if you're trolling or not, this thread is bad and you should feel bad.

hey guys take it easy!!! im with you! im a tech geek not like those ignorant console kids! what the hell do you thing im doing here?? I MEAN FOR THE PRICE! have they beaten US for the PRICE?

analogy:

you get your first Hd display of your life in 2013.

Your happy, but theres better out there, then you think you have the best thing ever.

-You look ignorant

i meant how to do a poll

Ummm. Don't get me wrong, I'm buying the Xbox One and PS4 and I'm very excited for them but I see no point in this thread.

post-29406-0-46271300-1382994105.jpg

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

hey guys take it easy!!! im with you! im a tech geek not like those ignorant console kids! what the hell do you thing im doing here?? I MEAN FOR THE PRICE! have they beaten US for the PRICE?

i meant how to do a poll

Dafuq what's wrong with you? Are you high?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Oh shut up already....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

sorry i didnt meant to offend i just asked your opinion, can i delete this?

Has console gaming beaten pc gaming? I mean you cant build a pc with the same specs considering you dont have to build it for your self, awesome case looks, size and ... optimization (graphics and controller) which relates to overall better gaming experience. Your opinion?

For the price you can build a pc right up to spec with a console. Case, size, optimization are all irrelevant. Let me explain.

Case: The next gen consoles do not look as cool as some PC cases

Size: Look at the NUC and BRIX, those can probably keep up with consoles on speed and beat them in size

Optimization: What is wrong with a keyboard and mouse? Graphics are better on PC

You don't have to build it yourself? That is the BEST PART! You can't honestly say you are a tech guy and say that that is a downside.

AND in a year you'll be able to build a PC that is more powerful for the same price.

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

For the price you can build a pc right up to spec with a console. Case, size, optimization are all irrelevant. Let me explain.

Case: The next gen consoles do not look as cool as some PC cases

Size: Look at the NUC and BRIX, those can probably keep up with consoles on speed and beat them in size

Optimization: What is wrong with a keyboard and mouse? Graphics are better on PC

You don't have to build it yourself? That is the BEST PART! You can't honestly say you are a tech guy and say that that is a downside.

AND in a year you'll be able to build a PC that is more powerful for the same price.

You're right, for the building part i meant for a regular person. thanks

You're right, for the building part i meant for a regular person. thanks

Let me say it again. Intel NUC and gigabyte BRIX. These can be bought and most likely will crush consoles in performance. And are you saying that we are not regular people because we can build? That's a dangerous thing to say on this forum.

Sent from my MobiGlass while chillin in my 300i orbiting Terra

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

Word to the wise....asking such a thing on a pc orientated forum, which is posted a million times before, after you've only had 30 posts, with your sig rig proudly proclaiming xp and a 2100 and 666ram (you mean 1333).... isn't going to make you look to wise.

glossing over that you kind of have a point but its a misled one, you cannot build a propper gaming rig for the price of a console but you can get something somewhat competititve if not immediately atleast further down the line.

a console might play games at 30fps at 720p for only £400 now but thats like buying a car down the road for £400,  YES you can drive it from A to B, yes it can carry you and your drunk friends around but its going to be far and away from fun, reliable or respectable.

consoles cost what they do because to compete with pc's they would have to cost as much as pc's, no parent is going to buy thier 15 year old son/daughter a "games console" that costs £1000, most adults wouldnt even do it for themselfs. especially when you factor in the huge profits the likes of sony and microsoft want to make (not even going to give nintendo any credit). a console would at most have something like a 7870 in it and therefore be larger, cost allot more and cost a fortune in electric, that woudlnt be very popular to consumers and to recouperate production costs the consoles would have to have even longer lifetimes which would make them struggle more (anyone seen gta5 on the ps3/xbox...), a slow running console.... that cost a fortune when it came out.... wouldnt be very popular

a pc for £1000 however can do so much more far better and can be upgraded and more than any of this...is used everyday by most people anyway, even if your not gaming on it your chatting on facebook, watching youtube, "watching movies" and so on which is allot easier on a pc or simply not possible on a console (especially not without a subscription).

they cost more because they can do more, better.

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

So are you calling all console players ignorant? So by that means, I have no knowledge of anything, right? I can't build my PC (see sig) because that's what you mean. 

Let me say it again. Intel NUC and gigabyte BRIX. These can be bought and most likely will crush consoles in performance. And are you saying that we are not regular people because we can build? That's a dangerous thing to say on this forum.

Sent from my MobiGlass while chillin in my 300i orbiting Terra

Sorry i ignored this yes because im ignorant and i didnt know what it was but just looked up to it. Sorry again but i was thinking othewise because i dont know hows out there, you see here no one knows a thing about computers.

And i didnt meant this at all!!! I know we all are regural guys im not THAT ignorant, i've been reading a lot this forum, i liked you guys. Now im not making things out of my mind, i thought we were rare and special just bacause i've never met a tech guy.

So are you calling all console players ignorant? So by that means, I have no knowledge of anything, right? I can't build my PC (see sig) because that's what you mean. 

Just.. missunderstanding, from my experience of this forum and real life (i mean my life) all console players are ignoratyou i mean all forum members always talk shit about consoles and them players, am i wrong?

You can see on the first page the fanatism of your pc gaming, i just thought you were only a pc gamer, okey? no offense

Just.. missunderstanding, from my experience of this forum and real life (i mean my life) all console players are ignoratyou i mean all forum members always talk shit about consoles and them players, am i wrong?

You can see on the first page the fanatism of your pc gaming, i just thought you were only a pc gamer, okey? no offense

Not to offend you but I can't understand what you're saying. I'm guessing that English is not your primary language?