amd 860k and gtx 1050ti

hello guys . ill just ask if its ok to pair gtx 1050 ti with amd athlon 860k?

im playing dota 2 , csgo and paladins

It should be fine, but you might want to upgrade your cpu first what gpu do you have currently? 

Magical Pineapples

2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

It should be fine, but you might want to upgrade your cpu first what gpu do you have currently? 

i already have gtx1050 ti and amd athlon ii x4 635 . and it is bottlenecking my gpu. i only got 60 fps on dota 2

Just now, NoobGamer69 said:

i already have gtx1050 ti and amd athlon ii x4 635 . and it is bottlenecking my gpu. i only got 60 fps on dota 2

That seem about right, what is your settings and resolution? 

Magical Pineapples

12 minutes ago, NoobGamer69 said:

Chances are it isn't, Dota 2 caps FPS at 60fps. 

try these solutions for unlocking higher FPS.

"If your monitor can handle 144hz, set the game to 144hz. Set your desktop to 144hz. EVERYTHING should be set to 144hz unless it otherwise does not work.

Make sure your game has maxfps in console set to around 200.

Make sure your GPU is set to performance mode.

Never use Vsync unless you absolutely need it. IF your computer can't keep a stable 144fps, Vsync will cause it to stutter as it switches between 72 and 144hz. Basically, not something you want to happen."

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

6 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

That's the game limiting your frames not the CPU, if you don't have a monitor with more then 60Hz you shouldn't go above anyway, since its going to have some pretty heavy tearing.

yeah. im only using 60Hz monitor

12 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Chances are it isn't, Dota 2 caps FPS at 60fps. 

try these solutions for unlocking higher FPS.

"If your monitor can handle 144hz, set the game to 144hz. Set your desktop to 144hz. EVERYTHING should be set to 144hz unless it otherwise does not work.

Make sure your game has maxfps in console set to around 200.

Make sure your GPU is set to performance mode.

Never use Vsync unless you absolutely need it. IF your computer can't keep a stable 144fps, Vsync will cause it to stutter as it switches between 72 and 144hz. Basically, not something you want to happen."

yeah man. im only using 60Hz monitor. well ill try to set my gpu on performance mode. i just bought it the other day ang just plug it and play. 

Just now, NoobGamer69 said:

yeah man. im only using 60Hz monitor. well ill try to set my gpu on performance mode. i just bought it the other day ang just plug it and play. 

if you only have a 60hz monitor there's no need to bother with unlocking the FPS then, try running some other games and seeing if you get better results. if you only play dota, theres no reason to upgrade. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

if you only have a 60hz monitor there's no need to bother with unlocking the FPS then, try running some other games and seeing if you get better results. if you only play dota, theres no reason to upgrade. 

ok thanks bro

Should be fine.

Not a fan of AMD, but there shouldn't be too much bottlenecking going on.

And 60fps is exactly what you want with 60HZ monitor.

Turn on v-sync and see if any games are below 60fps.

59-60-61 fps is all just fine.

If you would have more than 60fps, there will be tearing, and trust me, you don't want that.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

7 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Should be fine.

Not a fan of AMD, but there shouldn't be too much bottlenecking going on.

And 60fps is exactly what you want with 60HZ monitor.

Turn on v-sync and see if any games are below 60fps.

59-60-61 fps is all just fine.

If you would have more than 60fps, there will be tearing, and trust me, you don't want that.

but sometime i played with 100 fps then most of the time it is around 50-60 fps. 

8 minutes ago, NoobGamer69 said:

but sometime i played with 100 fps then most of the time it is around 50-60 fps. 

use HWmonitor or some program like that to monitor your CPU and GPU usage.

If you CPU usage is at 100% while playing games, you should concider upgrading your CPU.

Otherwise problem is elsewhere.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

It should be fine, go ahead and get the 1050ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

use HWmonitor or some program like that to monitor your CPU and GPU usage.

If you CPU usage is at 100% while playing games, you should concider upgrading your CPU.

Otherwise problem is elsewhere.

yeah. the cpu is on 100% while the gpu is only 40%

6 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

It should be fine, go ahead and get the 1050ti

yeah man. i already have one :)

8 minutes ago, NoobGamer69 said:

yeah. the cpu is on 100% while the gpu is only 40%

Well in this case you should upgrade your CPU :)

But 860k will be around 25% better, while i3 6100 would be almost 65% better.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Athlon-II-X4-635-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100/m3369vs3511

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Athlon-II-X4-635-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X4-860K/m3369vs3265

WD My Cloud 4TB

38 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Sorry for the double post, but i only now noticed this, and you should be capping your FPS to 60, the reason it probably bothers you is because its all over the place limiting it to 60 will result in a nicer/smoother experience, over all.

ok thanks man

50 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

Real world performance can be a different thing from synthetic benches,  the 860k is also unlocked, based on my experience with AMD CPU's with a bit of overclocking and with a decent cooler it should be about 45% faster then his current one. Now i'm not saying that he shouldn't go with an i3 6100 if he has the budget for it that is, but at least where i live the AMD 860k is like half the price of a i3-6100 and he seems to be on a tight budget.

In other words Noob, if you have the budget yes upgrading to the Skylake platform and getting an i3-6100 a new mobo and DDR4 is the best solution.

But if your tight on money getting an AMD 860k (with wraith cooler), DDR3 and a cheap Mobo is the only worthwhile upgrade.

there is mobo 1151 that supports ddr3 right ?

1 hour ago, Strike105X said:

Nope, with the intel build you will need new RAM, to be clear on this since someone will come in and start screaming from the top of their lungs that 1151 does work with DDR3 its more complicated, there are 2 main types of DDR3 memory, the regular DDR3 dims, and DDR3L dims which focus on low voltages, the memory controller for newer hardware is on the CPU itself both for intel and AMD, and Skylake memory controllers only work with lower voltages, so only DDR3L memories are supported. Your memory is regular ram i assure you, so you will need DDR4 memory.

if your current RAM is DDR3 1333 or better then you can reuse them with the AMD 860k and FM2+ socket.

ok thanks man. ill just save for new mobo , cpu and RAM.