240-256 gig SSD?

Mex1507

Hey there!

I am still unsure what SSD to choose. Capacity: 240-256GB. I want to do what the Average Joe does, so gaming ofc, web browsing and some office things. First I wanted to go with the Samsung 750 Evo 250GB but then I heard of the MX200 + MX300. Or maybe should I even spend 15€ more for a 850 Evo? Well, I dunno. Help me, guys. Im a bit confused :D It's kinda crazy how expensive SSDs are here in Germany. (e.g. a 850 Evo 250gig is ~100€ while it's ~75$ in the US which is  ~71€) So, which one do you guys recommend for the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!

(Sry if my language is not perfect, I'm still learning ;))

MX300 is good

Samsung is very good but too much money

Get MX300 and you good

19 minutes ago, Mex1507 said:

Hey there!

I am still unsure what SSD to choose. Capacity: 240-256GB. I want to do what the Average Joe does, so gaming ofc, web browsing and some office things. First I wanted to go with the Samsung 750 Evo 250GB but then I heard of the MX200 + MX300. Or maybe should I even spend 15€ more for a 850 Evo? Well, I dunno. Help me, guys. Im a bit confused :D It's kinda crazy how expensive SSDs are here in Germany. (e.g. a 850 Evo 250gig is ~100€ while it's ~75$ in the US which is  ~71€) So, which one do you guys recommend for the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!

(Sry if my language is not perfect, I'm still learning ;))

I will ONLY buy Samsung or Crucial MX200/300/400 (when they come out) SSDs for a couple reasons.

1) They're proven to be very reliable.

2) They're fast enough for an SSD without paying through the nose for more "premium" options.

3) Both Samsung and Crucial make almost every single part of the SSD - the NAND, controller, and logic board are made in-house.

As @deXxterlab97 said, I'd go with the MX300 for the better price over Samsung. I currently own 3x 500GB Crucial MX200 SSDs and love them.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Considering you are up in the price range, consider going up to the Sandisk Ultra 2 480GB going for $103.  I've had mine for a year and its pretty nice, only issue you might have is that its not the fastest around, but its still very fast as an SSD.

imo a better deal than a $70ish 240GB.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.