Sennhesiser Momentum Wireless: Worth it?

jasonwj322a

Is it worth it? I've been on the market for a pair of headphones quite some time now and I've been debating on the Bose QC 35, Sony MDR 1000x, and the Sennhesiser Momentum Wireless. After a while of research I gave up on the QC35 and started comparing the other 2. From my understanding the Sennhesiser Momentum Wireless is the best out of the 3 but what do you guys think? Is it worth it? Especially since it has came out for over 1-2years already. Lets not factor price with this.

Have you tried looking at Sennheiser PXC 550? I have those and it's simply brilliant. I've also tested the Bose QC 35 and Sony MDR 1000X and Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2 and the PXC imo is the better pair.

1 hour ago, atrash said:

Have you tried looking at Sennheiser PXC 550? I have those and it's simply brilliant. I've also tested the Bose QC 35 and Sony MDR 1000X and Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2 and the PXC imo is the better pair.

It's definitely between the 1000x and the PXC. 

The Sony have better ANC, and according to some, are the better headphone overall, although from what I've seen, the PXC has better/more reliable touch controls.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

56 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

The Sony have better ANC, and according to some, are the better headphone overall, although from what I've seen, the PXC has better/more reliable touch controls.

Sony might arguably have the better ANC but certainly not that much that you'd even notice it. All there (Bose,Sennheiser,Sony) has really good ANC. But the 1000X is undeniably the most uncomfortable to wear amongst those 4 pair mentioned. Barely any depth in the ear cup and padding is too little and gets warmer faster. Even the cheaper MDR-100ABN is much more comfortable to wear. The Bose has the best ANC and comfort but you can't turn off the ANC to use it and you can't use it while charging. PXC 550 has internal DAC which is a convenient if you're plugging it to the pc via usb to charge and listen to music at the same time. The touch control is very responsive and intuitive albeit can be bit too sensitive sometimes. But it is still usable even when using the 3.5mm cable. And the Captune software for IOS and Android will let you adjust the presets and EQ and other settings with the headphones. Also, 3 months free trial of Tidal Premium ;p. 

Maybe I should write a short review of the PXC 550 someday whenever I'm free. 

2 hours ago, atrash said:

1000X is undeniably the most uncomfortable to wear amongst those 4 pair mentioned. Barely any depth in the ear cup and padding is too little and gets warmer faster.

Jude from head-fi (and myself) disagree with you on this one. http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-travel-headphones

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

6 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Jude from head-fi (and myself) disagree with you on this one. http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-travel-headphones

Nope. I still stands by my opinion that the 1000X is the least comfortable headphones amongst the three and even Sony's cheaper 1000ABN is more comfortable to wear than the 1000X. The PXC 550 might have smaller ear cups but it still fits my ears nicely and they aren't touching/rubbing against the angled drivers inside. I wear glasses and PXC 550 has more cushion on the pads than the 1000X. 

19 hours ago, atrash said:

18 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

So what is the conclusion? I've debating on this for quite a long time now. With all the great reviews of the Momentum wireless I just thought they might be the best if money isnt a problem like others have said. I know the ANC isnt the best but I think it would be enough for me. What do you guys think? Its on sale for $350 right now.

1 hour ago, jasonwj322a said:

So what is the conclusion? I've debating on this for quite a long time now. With all the great reviews of the Momentum wireless I just thought they might be the best if money isnt a problem like others have said. I know the ANC isnt the best but I think it would be enough for me. What do you guys think? Its on sale for $350 right now.

I mean, you're not particularly likely to be disappointed by any of them. I personally would choose the Sony MDR1000X, but maybe that's just me.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

18 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I mean, you're not particularly likely to be disappointed by any of them. I personally would choose the Sony MDR1000X, but maybe that's just me.

True

For $350, I'd go for the Momentums. They were way expensive when they first came out so I didn't give it a second look, but I'd buy it at that price. Also, it depends on your preferences in SQ. Sony's sound signature tends to be warmer, (I haven't tried the 1000X, but I have tried the h.ear on Wireless), whereas Sennheiser generally has a slightly more neutral sound signature with less emphasis on bass and mid/highs brought forward. You really can't go wrong with either though, SQ and build quality is pretty top-notch for both.

20 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

For $350, I'd go for the Momentums. They were way expensive when they first came out so I didn't give it a second look, but I'd buy it at that price. Also, it depends on your preferences in SQ. Sony's sound signature tends to be warmer, (I haven't tried the 1000X, but I have tried the h.ear on Wireless), whereas Sennheiser generally has a slightly more neutral sound signature with less emphasis on bass and mid/highs brought forward. You really can't go wrong with either though, SQ and build quality is pretty top-notch for both.

Thanks! I went ahead and bought  the the momentums. Hopefully they're going to treat me well.

23 hours ago, jasonwj322a said:

I would highly suggest you to try them out first if possible. Doesn't matter how good the ANC or sound quality is but if it is not comfortable to use over a medium/long duration, it's not worth getting imo. I love the looks of 1000X but the PXC 550 is more comfortable and has more features. Momentum 2 Wirelesss also a good choice if you're ok with the styling.

Try each of them out first. 

If it were me, I'd ask myself if my priority was Sound Quality, Comfort, or ANC.