Gaming on an IPS monitor?

Hey guys I'm a first time computer monitor buyer, and I just had a few questions. I'm looking at an IPS monitor because I know that IPS have true colors and higher resolution quality.
So I'm trying to figure out whether to choose TN or IPS.

Heres what Ill be using the monitor for.

-Digital Drawings

-Graphic Designing

-Animation

But also for gaming, such as

-Counter Strike

-BF1

-Fallout

So my question is am I risking the quality of gaming by ips with graphic ghosting and slower reaction time for color, or am i risking color quality when trying to design and create images for faster reaction time and gameplay by choosing TN?

THIS IS THE MONITOR IM LOOKING AT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236584&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&ignorebbr=1&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

1 minute ago, AlgaeEater said:

Hey guys I'm a first time computer monitor buyer, and I just had a few questions. I'm looking at an IPS monitor because I know that IPS have true colors and higher resolution quality.
So I'm trying to figure out whether to choose TN or IPS.

Heres what Ill be using the monitor for.

-Digital Drawings

-Graphic Designing

-Animation

IPS. Image quality is more important than FPS in those situations, and if those are 1-3 on your list, no question IPS is the way to go.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Those response times (GtG) that manufacturers quote are arbitrary and wholly dependent on the testing that they do. The practice isn't standardized at the moment (nor do I believe it ever will) and should be taken with as a grain of Morton's salt (which is to say useless).

That said, I prefer my vivid colors as... well... colors. And not sepia yellow and sepia blue.

Edit: sRGB for a TN is sepia RGB.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Most dedicated websites testing monitors show that the 1MS G2G response time is not what is reflected.

The END response time between a good IPS screen and a TN is totalling around 13ms for both.

Also good reaction times for FPS players is around 140MS response time(Average players anything from 160-240), so even in that scenario, the 3-5MS isn't going to make you MLG pro.

I'd personally go with an IPS for the good colours and better viewing angles, and pray you do not get the IPS glow

If youre doing anything content creation wise, you absolutely must go with an ips panel. the color reproduction is unparalleled when compared to even the best tn monitors. You do have to be a bit careful with quality control (dead/stuck pixels, and light bleed; although a bit is normal and only noticeable when the screen is black). The pros to an ips being fantastic viewing angles and colors while the cons being price and response time (although the difference between 1ms and 4ms is unnoticeable to me and if youre in a situation where that 3ms matters you should worry about your connection more than your monitor). I play cs:go way too much, but by turning things like g-sync off and making the game run in fullscreen rather than fullscreen windowed, cuts about 40ms off of input lag compared to that 3ms from the tn panel that looks like poopoo. It's one of those things that you don't realize how great it is until you experience it. invest the money, you'll be very happy you did.