Need Drone/Vtol Enthusiats (dronepicker?)

Squish4058

So at uni we are doing a 20 or so man team to build a vertical lift and land drone that can do a certain number of things

£5000 budget

carry a payload of 2kg +

waypoint navigation

GPS

Some automation such as landing+takeoff

I was wondering if anyone knew of any drones that can do this?

I will accept quad copters but would prefer the more rare Vtol, hyrbid rotor designs

Many thanks (I just need yall to google basically)

Hi, how are you? 2kg payload is nothing for a larger platform, my small 250 sized aircraft produces around 1.3kg per motor. Larger motors and more importantly, props, allow for massive amounts of thrust. For your use case, I think a hexacopter running some big motors and a dji GPS system will so nicely. Unfortunately there is no pcpartpicker for multirotors, so you have to do the work yourself. I don't know of any multirotor retailers in GB, but the YouTube channel HPIguy might be useful.

Vtol fixed wings are possible, but a multirotor will be much simpler and much more stable. Im also not familiar on the control boards for Vtol fixed wings. You might be able to do it with a traditional multirotor flight controller, but I'm not sure. 

Also check out my So You Want A Drone Guide linked in my signature, it might answer some of your questions. 

ASU