Graphic card

Vicky s

Hello i bought a new msi amd rx 470 x serious graphic card, and for power supply i use iball marathon-500W peak. Thing is when i coonect the 8 pin pci cable and when i turn on my system  power up nothing happens its just a blank screen, but when i remove the 8 pin pci cable from graphic card pc run as normal it is booting... My question is because of power issue or my pc is not supporting graphic card.

Mobo: intel desktop board 61 type

Processor:intel i3

Ram:8 gb(2x4 corsair)

psu:iball marathon 500W peak

Graphic:msi amd rx 470 x4 

I honestly have no idea who iBall is, so I would say that your power supply is not strong enough, hence the system not turning on with the video card connected. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It may be the PSU but try booting into bios and changing the GPU to PCIe graphics then try plugging the power in and booting. Also did you have the video cable (to the monitor) to the GPU or motherboard?

It could very well be that the power supply can't power it, the name alone makes me think its a sketchy psu.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

8 minutes ago, Vicky s said:

Hello i bought a new msi amd rx 470 x serious graphic card, and for power supply i use iball marathon-500W peak. Thing is when i coonect the 8 pin pci cable and when i turn on my system  power up nothing happens its just a blank screen, but when i remove the 8 pin pci cable from graphic card pc run as normal it is booting... My question is because of power issue or my pc is not supporting graphic card.

Just a poor quality PSU.

9 minutes ago, Vicky s said:

That psu brand doesn't sound familiar at all..get something decent with 350W bronze certified.

Btw.. exact parts descriptions help us to help you better. Install free software like cpu-z, gpu-z, hwinfo etc.

DAILY > I5-6600K@4.6Ghz@1.300v @Thermaltake Frio Silent 14 @Tmax60C || Cougar Archon mid tower w/ 2x Corsair AF120 Quiet ||
        Seasonic M12II-520 EVO || MSI Z170A-Krait-Gaming-3X || MSI Armor OCv1 GTX1060 3Gb @2Ghz || DDR4 Crucial budget 16Gb ||

I would change the power supply since "Iball" who I've never heard of before might be a generic power supply. you don't want that paired with your rx 470

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

It's the PSU.

First: People say "generic PSU" and "non real watts" in layman's terms refering to "It lies about it's real capabilities". Which is totally the case of this unit. It can't provide the shadow of what it says. How much can it provide? You don't want to know since the manufacturer does not say if it has any OC or OV protection... And there goes your hardware if the PSU even tries to power the 470. 

In iball site you can read it only passed   CE, FCC  certifications which are the bare minimum for a PSU to be legally sold. Gently remove it from your pc. Buy a new Tiered branded psu capable of delivering what it's labeled. EVGA, Corsair (carefull here, old low end corsar are trash) , Seasonic, Antec, etc.  

cheers!

Iball is an indian branded smps one of reputed company in india

2 hours ago, Vicky s said:

Iball is an indian branded smps one of reputed company in india

They have absolutely no information on what the power supply can actually handle in any of their documentation that I found. That information should be available up-front before purchasing the unit. 

Just because it's 500W doesn't mean it can handle what you're throwing at it, and there's no way that we can verify with lack of information. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

So its the psu so which one is better which one will compatible for configuring...

11 hours ago, Vicky s said:

So its the psu so which one is better which one will compatible for configuring...

first of all iball psu's are very bad i am from india too so change that asap !!!!

did u connected the cable with ....

graphics card --> monitor OR

motherboard --> monitor ????

u can buy antec VP450P or corsair cx450.