Help narrowing down some gaming/ bass heavy headphones

Go to solution Solved by dellerbuff,

Alright, I think I'm going to settle on Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Limited Edition Headphones, Black thank you everyone for your help! 

So I have 'narrowed down' my selection of new headphones to 4: Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BKAudio-Technica ATH-M50xSennheiser HD 8 DJ, and Bluedio U Plus. If anyone who has any these headphones (or had) could help me out, I'm looking to use these for gaming and listening to more bassy music, and I currently have the HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset. The only headphones I have tried on so far are the M50x's and I enjoyed the experience, but I still want to see what the others have to offer. 

DT 770 pro 80 ohms, that's the headphone you're looking for. It wrecks M50X anytime of the day :P

I love the bass on these, like wearing subwoofers on your head lol (just an expression).

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Budget? 

From what I understand, the DT 1770 is a step up from the DT 770. 

Of course, if money is an issue, the DT 770 is now much cheaper with the release of the DT 1770.

4 minutes ago, AU_Gundam said:

Budget

I'm looking around a $350 budget, but I could go up to $500 if it's really worth my while. 

12 minutes ago, AU_Gundam said:

Budget? 

From what I understand, the DT 1770 is a step up from the DT 770. 

Of course, if money is an issue, the DT 770 is now much cheaper with the release of the DT 1770.

Well of course, you get what you pay for :P

$130-150 vs $400 headphone hehehehehe

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

30 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

DT 770 pro 80 ohms

What would be best for the price, the DT 770 pro 80, the DT 770 pro 250 with amp, or the DT 1770 PRO?

1 minute ago, dellerbuff said:

What would be best for the price, the DT 770 pro 80, the DT 770 pro 250 with amp, or the DT 1770 PRO?

Never tried the 1770 so cant say much.

DT 770 pro 80 is enough, but if you want the 250 with amp would be good also, there is slight difference of sound as far as i know and 80 is more bassy (from what i heard).

6 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

DT 770 pro 80

Do you have any recommendations for an amp/dac for the 80's that I could still use if I was looking to upgrade in the future, or should I simply not bother and wait until I upgrade to a new pair of headphones in a year or so?
(BTW: I'm only using these headphones at a desktop computer, so I won't need to travel with the headphones or any amp/dac I would invest in)

I'm not a pro in amp/dac and have little experience on it. Try them on first cos nowadays onboards are able to drive them easily, if you feel they are not loud enough then go for an amp.

I got the Fiio K1 as a cheap solution cos i just want a compact amp that gets the job done. Other than that wait for @Dackzy to give some tips and do check out his thread DAC/AMP recommendations

45 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

DT 770 pro 80 ohms, that's the headphone you're looking for. It wrecks M50X anytime of the day :P

I love the bass on these, like wearing subwoofers on your head lol (just an expression).

I have read a more detailed comparison of the DT 770 pro 80 ohms and the M50x's on amazon