This is really sad and disappointing

grayblizzard
Go to solution Solved by bgibbz,

I do understand what you are saying; the system gets de valued when nearly every game is highly rated, but it is all strictly standardized. I wish they followed the movie rating system better. Plenty of violent, bloody movies rated pg-13, while games that are similar (csgo, rainbow six siege, fallout 4, battlefield) are rated m. Unfortunately, it is very difficult when our world involves so much lawsuits. With that in mind, game raters are generally "safer then sorry". 

So I was just scrolling through steam and loving (sarcasm) the fact that literally every triple a title is M. Any game with a strong storyline is rated M. Heck now I know why minecraft was so successful because it wasn't rated M. I play some M rated games but my parents watch the games I play pretty closely and I guess are "overprotective". This leads me to look for some quality t games but honestly there aren't any, a lot of telltale games are even m I think soon that honestly the whole system is broken since 8 year olds play m rated games anyway.

i know this seems like a rant but it truly is an argument that needs to be made for companies to at least make a couple of singleplayer games and multiplayer games a year that aren't intended for older audiences.Overwatch shows it's success

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

What about CS GO????

Games are rated M because people get offended by everything and are always trying to find a way to sue companies for random shit to make money.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

1 minute ago, Litargirio said:

Games are rated M because people get offended by everything and are always trying to find a way to sue a company for random shit to make money.

I understand that but seriously put disclaimers and say what it is most parents don't care anyway 

1 minute ago, grayblizzard said:

put disclaimers and say what it is most parents don't care anyway 

don't understand

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Just now, Litargirio said:

don't understand

I guess what I'm saying is honestly they should reasses what their ratings are anyway as most kids play m rated games they should instead make violence more of a teen thing, and sexual stuff m and drug usage/alcohol usage should not contribute to an m rating when teenagers could use the stuff in real life a lot of the time.

Why do you think that it is that companies started rating games as M in the first place?

M rated (I'm assuming this is equivalent to 18 in EU) is there for a reason same as film classification. I think we need these systems, I'll  watch my son closely when he starts gaming and, as a gamer myself, I'll apply my own classification system.

Most parents aren't gamers so need some sort of guidance. 

The main problem you have is an ageing gaming demographic, average age is above 30 now. I grew up in the first generation of gamers and it was squarely aimed at kids back then, it's not anymore. Publishers push games to adult audiences as that's where the buying power is.

Chin up, you'll be old enough some day.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

I do understand what you are saying; the system gets de valued when nearly every game is highly rated, but it is all strictly standardized. I wish they followed the movie rating system better. Plenty of violent, bloody movies rated pg-13, while games that are similar (csgo, rainbow six siege, fallout 4, battlefield) are rated m. Unfortunately, it is very difficult when our world involves so much lawsuits. With that in mind, game raters are generally "safer then sorry". 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd say Team Fortress 2, but it's rated M for reasons that aren't really applicable nowadays. Literally the strongest curse word is either "dumbass" or the French word for "shit".

Merde, great word, very satisfying to say when you're pissed off.

You have Parents who care about you? Damn, what a horrible Situation. :ph34r:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO