Program for Restoring Data After Formatting HDD

Hey guys, i need your advice. Few days ago, i installed Win7 on my old laptop. Before installation, i copied data from Windows partition to folder on desktop, but i received a call from friend, and i got distracted, and eventually i forgot to copy that folder from Desktop to D drive, where are my other files. Now, i tried restoring data with program GetDataBack and it found some parts of data, but problem is, that new system is installed on that partition and that makes finding old files almost impossible. And, i'm looking a Word document, that contains a 60+ pages of book that i was working on. Any ideas on which program i should try? Any help is welcome guys.

Tnx for suggestions, i'll try those programs. As for sending it do data recovery place - it's no use, here in Serbia, i think that maybe there's only one data recovery place, and price for that service is way over my budget :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you didn't format before installing Windows again on your old laptop your data will be under:

C:\Windows.old\Users\[your user name]\Desktop

If you had Windows XP previously and didn't format, then it would be under:

C:\Windows.old\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Desktop

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex 755, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz, 4GB DDR2, Windows XP Professional, Office 2003 Pro