My Next Gaming Mouse!?

AllHokage

Hey everyone,

So my 'Steel Series Rival' is in need of a new replacement and I'm currently in the market for a new gaming mouse.

I'm looking for a simple mouse with a variety of marcos (like the rival/sabre) and what can be used in a wide variety of different games (mostly arma 3). My grip type is in-between a palm/claw grip somewhat and I found the rival to be perfect in size, apart from the grip becoming worn out after a while. So far I found the R.A.T 7 for $80AUD & G502 for $82AUD and was thinking about one of the two as they seem like a steal for the price tag...

Any razer mice are out of the question.

So if anyone has any recommendations/input that would be great!

Might add this later...

8 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

Hey everyone,

So my 'Steel Series Rival' is in need of a new replacement and I'm currently in the market for a new gaming mouse.

I'm looking for a simple mouse with a variety of marcos (like the rival/sabre) and what can be used in a wide variety of different games (mostly arma 3). My grip type is in-between a palm/claw grip somewhat and I found the rival to be perfect in size, apart from the grip becoming worn out after a while. So far I found the R.A.T 7 for $80AUD & G502 for $82AUD and was thinking about one of the two as they seem like a steal for the price tag...

Any razer mice are out of the question.

So if anyone has any recommendations/input that would be great!

your probably gonna hear this alot but g502 from logitech. 

plenty of buttons, betst available sensor and good software

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I went through lots of mice, because I couldn't find one that I found comfortable.

G502 was almost perfect, just needed to be a bit wider for my hands

Logitech's new G403(wired or wireless) is the mouse I picked up recently, and its the first mouse that I have zero complaints about. So try looking at the G403. I went with the wireless version, because you can also use it in wired mode or wireless, it gave me options, and there isn't any noticeable difference between using it wired and wireless from what I could see playing HOTS.

Just now, thecreativename said:

I went through lots of mice, because I couldn't find one that I found comfortable.

G50s was almost perfect, just needed to be a bit wider for my hands

Logitech's new G403(wired or wireless) is the mouse I picked up recently, and its the first mouse that I have zero complaints about. So try looking at the G403. I went with the wireless version, and there isn't any noticeable difference between using it wired and wireless.

do you reccomend this mouse?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

do you reccomend this mouse?

Yes, I love the g403. Sensor seems to be top class from looking at mouse forums, and its simple, not too many buttons, not to little(Imo) and it doesn't look gaudy on my desk.

If I had to put one complain on it, I wish it had USB-C 

1 minute ago, thecreativename said:

Yes, I love the g403. Sensor seems to be top class from looking at mouse forums, and its simple, not too many buttons, not to little(Imo) and it doesn't look gaudy on my desk.

If I had to put one complain on it, I wish it had USB-C 

im torn between the M65 RGB in black or a logitech mouse, i prefer 'clean' looking keyboards that fit anywhere and dont look out of place the m65 is on the limit of that, the lgoitech mouse looks clean

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

I vote G502 as well. It's been amazing so far.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

RATs look cool as fuck but my research lead to the conclusion that they break a lot. 

I owned G502 for an year, great mouse, just bit heavy for my liking. The wheel has aluminion coating and it comes off after a long time of use if u have sweaty hands and use it a lot (its my jump button in CSGO and H1Z1). Rubber sides get dirty after some time and its a nightmare to clean because its texturised...

Mouse has very solid build feeling like it was worth my £35 (black friday last year yaay).

Now I have final mouse ergo and no complaints. Havent noticed any difference between the sensors (G502 has better one). shape wise its just like 502. It is very plasticy and feels cheap.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

3 minutes ago, Thony said:

RATs look cool as fuck but my research lead to the conclusion that they break a lot. 

I owned G502 for an year, great mouse, just bit heavy for my liking. The wheel has aluminion coating and it comes off after a long time of use if u have sweaty hands and use it a lot (its my jump button in CSGO and H1Z1). Rubber sides get dirty after some time and its a nightmare to clean because its texturised...

Mouse has very solid build feeling like it was worth my £35 (black friday last year yaay).

Now I have final mouse ergo and no complaints. Havent noticed any difference between the sensors (G502 has better one). shape wise its just like 502. It is very plasticy and feels cheap.

I got to agree, the Logitech range looks very cheaply made and it's kinda putting me off. I love the look of the Corsair Sabre and It would go along with my K70 keyboard, but it's apparently really small for larger hands like myself. 

Might add this later...

29 minutes ago, thecreativename said:

G502 was almost perfect, just needed to be a bit wider for my hands

Logitech's new G403(wired or wireless) is the mouse I picked up recently, and its the first mouse that I have zero complaints about. So try looking at the G403. I went with the wireless version, because you can also use it in wired mode or wireless, it gave me options, and there isn't any noticeable difference between using it wired and wireless from what I could see playing HOTS.

They sound like great mice, thinking about the G403... Only thing putting me off is the look of it, it looks really cheap in comparison to other gaming mice.

Might add this later...

2 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

They sound like great mice, thinking about the G403... Only thing putting me off is the look of it, it looks really cheap in comparison to other gaming mice.

God the rat 7 is horrid

Zowie ECA Series
Zowie FK Series
G403 for Wireless
Rival 100,300
Fnatic Flick G1
Roccat Kone
Dream Machines DM1
Scream One
Mionix Avior

The rubber on the Rival is pretty weak

Flick G1 is shaped a little weird

Other than that everything else is great 

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

God the rat 7 is horrid

Zowie ECA Series
Zowie FK Series
G403 for Wireless
Rival 100,300
Fnatic Flick G1
Roccat Kone
Dream Machines DM1
Scream One
Mionix Avior

The rubber on the Rival is pretty weak

Flick G1 is shaped a little weird

Other than that everything else is great 

The rubber was the problem with my rival... 

I'm growing on the G403 from the research I have done so far. It's that or the zowie...

Might add this later...

Just now, AllHokage said:

The rubber was the problem with my rival... 

I'm growing on the G403 from the research I have done so far. It's that or the zowie...

Well I hope that list gives you a decent selection over everyone saying the G502 :D 

Just now, Aytex said:

Well I hope that list gives you a decent selection over everyone saying the G502 :D 

Yer thanks appreciate it, Just not feeling the G502 looks.

Might add this later...

Ending up purchasing a G403 & Steel series QCK+ for $100AUD...

Thanks everyone for the input!

Might add this later...