F@H PPD

Now i know that you guys may see this question waaaayyyyy to often. And im sorry  :(.

Just recently (about 9-11 hours ago) I started folding because i love the idea of it. 

Now my question is around what PPD should i be seeing?

I think that right now with the GPU and the CPU working im geting around 7500 PPD.....Is that Bad?Good?

And the CPU WU estimates that that it will take about 3 days from now......Is that right? Did I config something wrong?

Thanks!  :D

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

7,500 is pretty average your fine.

And some work units are huge I had one that took like a week to finish 

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

how big the WU is differs from time to time, sometimes its much more than other times

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Look at the FAQs on how to set up flags for your GPU to get core 17 WU, You should see a spike is PPD from your GPU. I don't know about the CPU since I'm not that familiar with AMD but it does sound about right.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Look at the FAQs on how to set up flags for your GPU to get core 17 WU, You should see a spike is PPD from your GPU. I don't know about the CPU since I'm not that familiar with AMD but it does sound about right.

I think i got the flag set up..........But thanks everyone for the info! :D

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Now i know that you guys may see this question waaaayyyyy to often. And im sorry  :(.

Just recently (about 9-11 hours ago) I started folding because i love the idea of it. 

Now my question is around what PPD should i be seeing?

I think that right now with the GPU and the CPU working im geting around 7500 PPD.....Is that Bad?Good?

And the CPU WU estimates that that it will take about 3 days from now......Is that right? Did I config something wrong?

Thanks!  :D

Combined? That seams to be a bit low....

Just factoring the gpu alone with the core 17 WU's (old core 16 wu's "should" of died off a while back.....) , your 7790 should be performing somewhere between the 7770 and 7850 which that range from 20k to 50k ppd (possibly higher since I last payed attention). So you should be somewhere in the 30k ppd.

7700: http://www.overclock.net/t/1400430/folding-on-a-hd-7770

7850: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13837-updated-core-17-back-in-beta/?p=151516

Of course, if you do have a core 16 WU, then I can see where those low numbers are coming from.

Cpu, I dont have as much info about on that one. 

Combined? That seams to be a bit low....

Just factoring the gpu alone with the core 17 WU's (old core 16 wu's "should" of died off a while back.....) , your 7790 should be performing somewhere between the 7770 and 7850 which that range from 20k to 50k ppd (possibly higher since I last payed attention). So you should be somewhere in the 30k ppd.

7700: http://www.overclock.net/t/1400430/folding-on-a-hd-7770

7850: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13837-updated-core-17-back-in-beta/?p=151516

Of course, if you do have a core 16 WU, then I can see where those low numbers are coming from.

Cpu, I dont have as much info about on that one. 

i don't have a flag setup, im just churning through those core 16 projects i mean .. someone has to do them right? my 7950 get's like .. 1-2k ppd on those.

it VERY much depends on the workunit .. some are more intensive than others .. some will take a day and some will take hours, some will give you lots of ppd while others will be harder to churn through giving you lower ppd.

Also - the PPD is just an "estimate". :)  It can take a while to sort itself out.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Update : I just finished my first project on my GPU, and I set up the flags.

My PPD is now settling around 43-46 Thousand  :D

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

7,500 is pretty average your fine.

And some work units are huge I had one that took like a week to finish 

Damn, I average 15,000 with mine and I've been told the FX-6350 is better than the Core i3 and the HD 7790 is better than the GTX 650 Ti

I'm confused?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Damn, I average 15,000 with mine and I've been told the FX-6350 is better than the Core i3 and the HD 7790 is better than the GTX 650 Ti

I'm confused?

Updated in the post above  :)

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Updated in the post above  :)

Cool

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate