Questions about redeeming an Nvidia gift code, I would like to find a way to trade/sell it

Railgun

I purchased an EVGA 1070 the other day and along with it I got a code for Gears of War 4. They want me to redeem it on the Nvidia website and Nvidia won't really tell me much about the process other than the fact that they need my Microsoft account. I'm going to assume they will link the game to my account. I never really had an interest in the Gears of War series so I was hoping I could find some way to trade the game in or sell it to someone so I could buy Dark Souls 3 instead.

What happens when I click redeem after entering my Microsoft account login? Will I get an option to save the game as a gift copy? If I want to try to sell or trade the game should I just keep it in gift code form for now? I don't really know what I'm doing here and I would very much like to use the code to get my hands the other game.

Thanks

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

pretty sure there's an EULA style thing not allowing you to sell the game.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

pretty sure there's an EULA style thing not allowing you to sell the game.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. There probably is one in place for selling it. I can probably still trade it, though.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, Railgun said:

Hmm, I didn't think about that. There probably is one in place for selling it. I can probably still trade it, though.

they probably wont stop you from trading the key with your neighbor for another key or for mowing the lawn or something, they just want to avoid these keys (of which.. quite a significant amount...) find their ways to the wrong hands who use them for personal profit.

I redeemed GoW4 a week ago because I got a 1070 too. It was a bit of a hassle. You have to make an account with evga and provide a copy of the receipt and then wait for them to review it and then they give you a code to use on the nvidia website. Something to that effect anyway.