Microsoft joins the Linux Foundation - Platinum Member

GoodBytes
4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I didn't say that no one was using it. But it would not have the market share it has today without Android, and that Java, for NEW projects, is less and less considered. It is all I am saying or at least trying to say.

Yeah I know it's not commonplace but I'm just saying Oracle is by no means "small" either and well, they fucking paid for it (By buying Sun) you can bet they'll keep using it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 2016-11-18 at 9:29 PM, GoodBytes said:

Java WAS widely used in companies. Mostly because it is "multi-platform", but the reality is that new projects, aren't made in Java anymore. There is no point. You can't run Java app on a phone, desktop, tablet, etc. That idea is long gone, as this is not the reality of things (you can't just put a .jar file in Android and run it). Yes, it is widely used in financial sectors and schools. But that is a small market. The stats you show indicates that Java is the most widely used programming language. If you check for a job, you'll see that there isn't much demand for Java... I see a massive demand for web languages (normal), Android/iOS devs, Xamarin is growing (that would be C#, if I am not mistaken), and C++. Than less so: Java, C#, and then the rest...

Well, I got news for you! Ever heard of J2EE? Java Enterprise is a big thing for web development. You can create JSPs that combine Java and HTML, and the end users only see the HTML of the page (thus Java is for the back end; servlets in other words).  You were asking what replaces PHP, and there is your answer.

Of course, the bugs in each JRE version makes little to no sense, but doing much of anything with PHP is a nightmare in comparison.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.