NZXT HUE+ or something else?

MrKat
Go to solution Solved by Psittac,

I am thinking of spicing up the S340 Elite I will get soon and was thinking of lighting it. I'm thinking of lighting up the bottom of the case, inside and possible the front where the fans are. Inside around the glass and behind the cable shroud. I was thinking of the NZXT HUE+ however the price tag seems high. I want something cheaper possibly and if it could be controlled through the PC. Oh and RGB LED's :^. Thanks!!!

1 minute ago, MrKat said:

I am thinking of spicing up the S340 Elite I will get soon and was thinking of lighting it. I'm thinking of lighting up the bottom of the case, inside and possible the front where the fans are. Inside around the glass and behind the cable shroud. I was thinking of the NZXT HUE+ however the price tag seems high. I want something cheaper possibly and if it could be controlled through the PC. Oh and RGB LED's :^. Thanks!!!

Some ASUS motherboards have 2 dedicated RGB LED headers built into them

Asus Hero Alpha is one of them

The software is great, i have that mobo, and i love it.

As for LED's, if you go my route, get Cablemod Widebeam RGB Magnetic

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Just now, UberGamerKing said:

Unfortunatelly I only have a VIII Hero.

Just now, MrKat said:

Unfortunatelly I only have a VIII Hero.

Shame.

Then id say get a Cablemod RGB LED kit

It comes with a small remote, and its all contained within the PC (except the remote, of course)

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

3 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Shame.

Then id say get a Cablemod RGB LED kit

It comes with a small remote, and its all contained within the PC (except the remote, of course)

Seems quiet expensive. More looking towards the lower prices.

6 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

As for LED's, if you go my route, get Cablemod Widebeam RGB Magnetic

can i control them with cam or not?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

6 minutes ago, MrKat said:

The nzxt Hue+is great but people have had issues of it completely killing/frying their pc's

IM BACK BABY

7 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

The nzxt Hue+is great but people have had issues of it completely killing/frying their pc's

don't write off an entire product for a few bad eggs, if you're really worried you can contact NZXT and ask if its fixed.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

7 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

don't write off an entire product for a few bad eggs, if you're really worried you can contact NZXT and ask if its fixed.

Im not im saying big youtubers with High end builds. I personally do not trust anything with a highish chance of killing  a systen

IM BACK BABY

Just now, kurtstir said:

Im not im saying big youtubers with High end builds. I personally do not trust anything with a highish chance of killing  a systen

"high chance"

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

"high chance"

believe what you want high for me is beyond 4%

IM BACK BABY

If you want the cheapest thing get them on ebay. For 10-15€ you get 1-2 meters of leds and you can just remove the 12V adapter by removing the solder on the pcb and solder on cables to molex. Also you should know that these led strips usually have very bad adhesive and you have to use something else. The solution with magnets like the one on CableMod strips is probably the best.

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

4 hours ago, Thread212 said:

I dont think there's a better led solution besides Hue+. u can buy the Non + NZXT hue if u still can find it.
But its bulky and cant be controlled through software i am not mistaken.
I know they always put a premium price tag for all of their product.

But its worth buying.

4 hours ago, kurtstir said:

4 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

"high chance"

I kinda agree with the HUE "killing" pc's. I like some others are not in the position to replace a whole pc when one thing just fried it.

8 minutes ago, MrKat said:

I kinda agree with the HUE "killing" pc's. I like some others are not in the position to replace a whole pc when one thing just fried it.

And remember a 60-100$ device kills a $1000+ pc

IM BACK BABY

Just now, kurtstir said:

And remember a 60-100$ device kills a $1000+ pc

Ye my build cost me 1300 and I am not in the position to find another 1300 when I dont even have a job >.>

7 hours ago, MrKat said:

Ye my build cost me 1300 and I am not in the position to find another 1300 when I dont even have a job >.>

if its nzxt's fault. like for salazarstudio. they were apparently super quick to admit that they screwed up but also replaced everything that was fried at their cost. I know its nowhere near as good as it guaranteed to ya know, not fry your computer, but at least you know if it did, you didn't lose everything.

12 hours ago, MrKat said:

The HUE+ uses addressable LED's which will cost more, the Cable Mod LED's aren't bad at all for the price, bit if you don't mind some DIY work you can get a roll of LED's off Amazon and cut/wire them up to your liking. 

On 11/16/2016 at 4:56 PM, MrKat said:

Seems quiet expensive. More looking towards the lower prices.

If you want something that you can quickly plug in and is cheap then check out our RGB kits, cheapest is £17.99, for 2x 30CM LED strips (18LEDs on each strip), 2x 30cm extension cables, 4 way cable splitter (so you can easily add more strips) and a RF controller and remote. 

We are based in the UK so shipping is only from £1.  All LEDs and Cables are wired and sleeved by hand and tested before being sent.

Feel free to PM us if you have any questions. :)

30cm RGB kit > https://addoncustoms.com/store/product/57-rgb-kit-2x-30cm-led-strips/
Facebook Page > https://www.facebook.com/AddonCustomsLTD

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

6 minutes ago, AddonCustoms said:

If you want something that you can quickly plug in and is cheap then check out our RGB kits, cheapest is £17.99, for 2x 30CM LED strips (18LEDs on each strip), 2x 30cm extension cables, 4 way cable splitter (so you can easily add more strips) and a RF controller and remote. 

We are based in the UK so shipping is only from £1.  All LEDs and Cables are wired and sleeved by hand and tested before being sent.

Feel free to PM us if you have any questions. :)

30cm RGB kit > https://addoncustoms.com/store/product/57-rgb-kit-2x-30cm-led-strips/
Facebook Page > https://www.facebook.com/AddonCustomsLTD

Thanks for the offer but you have a premium price. I can get 5m of led for the same price. Of course the quality may vary but I might go for something cheaper. Not as rich as Linus or JayzTwoCents :^

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

On 19/11/2016 at 5:48 PM, Psittac said:

Yup, saw it yesterday.

On 11/16/2016 at 8:46 PM, lettuce head said:

if its nzxt's fault. like for salazarstudio. they were apparently super quick to admit that they screwed up but also replaced everything that was fried at their cost. I know its nowhere near as good as it guaranteed to ya know, not fry your computer, but at least you know if it did, you didn't lose everything.

hes not the only one had the issue, tbh his shit just seems like quality control, the guy doesnt know jack shit about pcs. it happened to a lot more people before that video and after

1 minute ago, poopy said:

hes not the only one had the issue, tbh his shit just seems like quality control, the guy doesnt know jack shit about pcs. it happened to a lot more people before that video and after

apparently the issue was that he was using a cable from a different psu. that was what fried his rigs. and if nzxt is to blame for someone else, they did really well to resolve the issue.