Windows 10 crashes every day

MrTralala

The issue

So I get this random WIndows 10 crash every day without fail at different times of the day.

What happens

I would be either using Chrome or playing some Steam games when suddenly the game freezes or if I am using Chrome it just stops responding when I click on links and has a "loading..." when I open a new tab. Windows itself also becomes unresponsive as when I click on the start menu and try to restart my computer, it wouldn't do so. A force shut down 'fixes' it.

What have I done on my part

- I have tried sfc/ scannow in cmd (ran as administrator)

- reinstalled my drivers (including my Nvidia GeForce Experience) 2 times,  AEGIS II and Asus Command 

- Uninstalled Notepad++

- Installed CrystalDiskInfo to check my hard drives which are fine

- Updated foobar2000 which was said to cause a crash

- Updated all devices in device manager

- Turned off Link State Power Management which was known to cause crashes

- Tried following this but I am not sure how to do it

- Tried this

- Ran Avira full scan multiple times but still no detection of viruses, malware, etc.

Any relevant information

- I use Avira as my anti-virus (the free version)

- I see this error in the Event Viewer which happens during the crash: 

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{5DC4F9AD-3A2B-4DF4-AC39-3FF5A19FCF4C}
 and APPID 
{CE79BC8B-2980-4CA9-9570-6E0BF5B93BF2}
 to the user TREVOR-PC\user SID (S-1-5-21-1093858679-1595992533-3437671958-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1608.2213.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe SID (S-1-15-2-466767348-3739614953-2700836392-1801644223-4227750657-1087833535-2488631167). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

- I have been using this microphone called "Microphone (TP6920)" for a long time now and I noticed that Avira detected "VoiceClient.exe" (a .exe file found in the drive of the Microphone) as a Trojan when I right clicked the properties of the said file. Anyone has any clue about this?

- I can't back up my files anymore. Used to be able to backup my files even though my drive was almost full but now it wouldn't back up anymore even when I freed 30+ GB on that backup drive.

Specs

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 processor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64bit)

Memory: DDR4 2133MHz 16GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 2GBDDR5

Storage:

1TB SATA (7200RPM)

128GB SATA SSD

CD/DVD drive: SuperMulti DVD RW

Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0

PSU: 500 W

Just now, Aytex said:

Clean wipe?

You mean like totally reformat my computer? I don't think I want to do that, at least not yet since I would lose my files.

Just now, Aytex said:

Back them up then..?

But if I am reformatting my computer wouldn't my backup be wiped too? Besides, as mentioned in this post, I can't back up my files.

Just now, trevor_leong said:

But if I am reformatting my computer wouldn't my backup be wiped too? Besides, as mentioned in this post, I can't back up my files.

Back them up on a external drive or a cloud storage system...

The issue sounds like 100% disc usage causing crashes, i've had this issue on win8.1 it was never fixed, clean wipe helped.

14 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Back them up on a external drive or a cloud storage system...

The issue sounds like 100% disc usage causing crashes, i've had this issue on win8.1 it was never fixed, clean wipe helped.

Hm....you could be right. I am in the midst of buying a WD Passport for backing up my files since I do not have any other external hard drives or paid cloud storage system enough to handle all the data I have. For now, I'll see what other solutions the community has.

11 minutes ago, Davidiogame said:

what hardware do you have?

mostly interested in PSU and case.

I use the Asus G11CB.

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 processor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64bit)

Memory: DDR4 2133MHz 16GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 2GBDDR5

Storage:

1TB SATA (7200RPM)

128GB SATA SSD

CD/DVD drive: SuperMulti DVD RW

Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0

I can't seem to find out what kind of PSU I have, but the Asus website says it is 500 W.

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Run memtest86. My unexplainable issues were caused by bad ram

Is it this site? Which one do I download?

Backup your Steam Games, copy all your photos and videos and clean wipe/format your disk.

Just now, Gonio said:

Have you tried different browser?

It doesn't seem to be a browser issue because Chrome is not the only thing that stops responding, but the whole computer (as in the programs. The computer still responds to what click to a certain extent, but the programs won't load) itself.

Just now, Alaa said:

Backup your Steam Games, copy all your photos and videos and clean wipe/format your disk.

As mentioned before, that would be my last resort. Besides, I want to find out the root of the problem, since my computer has been fine all these while when suddenly it just became cranky.

13 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Free windows bootable usb. 

So I am into the imageUSB window and wait, I am suppose to burn a USB drive for it? I am not sure what this is for and what options am I suppose to be clicking.

8 minutes ago, Davidiogame said:

i doubt it's a hardware issue but verify that there's no cables or metal objects touching the parts.

oh and run a malwarebytes scan.

By parts you mean like the casing? No there isn't any metal objects or cables touching the parts.

As for Malwarebytes, no threats identified in my computer.

22 minutes ago, trevor_leong said:

It doesn't seem to be a browser issue because Chrome is not the only thing that stops responding, but the whole computer (as in the programs. The computer still responds to what click to a certain extent, but the programs won't load) itself.

Just try it anyway.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

4 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Just try it anyway.

Well ok. But I did say I get the crash regardless since it happens when I am playing Steam games also. I will have to wait for 24 hours to see whether it is indeed the problem (since the crash happens once every day and today's crash has happened).

5 minutes ago, Davidiogame said:

oh... have you looked at task scheduler? check for any unnecessary scheduled tasks and disable them.

Hm...nothing suspicious or unnecessary :(.

Maybe you could also check your LAN and Wireless card, and energy settings that they don't put stuff in sleep modes or so.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

3 hours ago, Gonio said:

Maybe you could also check your LAN and Wireless card, and energy settings that they don't put stuff in sleep modes or so.

Well from my settings, my hard disk is set to turn off after 20 minutes of being inactive and the power saving mode of my wireless adapter is set to maximum performance. Mmmmm I think it is fine here.

I would look closer at the drives. We need to download a few things before we can start . If you have a flash drive that your not using you can down a windows 10 PE ( Physical Environment) . My favorite is Gandalf, link is here http://windowsmatters.com/2016/11/08/gandalfs-win10pe-x86-redstone-build-14393-version-11-07-2016/ . The use a program called Win CD Emu http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/download/ . Mount the ISO as a disk and copy over all files to the flash drive. Then download HD tune http://www.hdtune.com/ . Then if you open Gandalfs program files you can copy HD tune into that folder. Then go ahead and reboot your PC and hit your boot menu key and boot to your flash drive. It will load up a windows PE. Then open file explorer and select HD tune from the programs then run benchmarks and error scan on both disk. The whole reason you want to do this to test your drives while nothing is accessing them. I you need help creating the boot drive and any other steps I can post pictures or video. 

Have you already try DISM? 

Try this out if not  (tweaking all in one repair) this tool has saved me a number of times, it will go in and default many of windows core settings and what not. (It will not break any of your programs though, havent ran into a case where it did yet).

I used to use it when I was working as a remote support tech for a company that did all the tech support for many large companies. Most of the time if it wouldn't fix the problem, we just re-imaged the machine. Unless we knew exactly what the problem was. Other wise we would waste way to many hours chasing down the issue with no result making the job just too costly for the company (time and money wise). 

It works magic though, worth a try before you go reinstalling the whole thing. If you do decide to run it, try it in safemode with networking. Let me know if you have questions on settings and what not. You can skip alot of the first steps if want, I would run the checkdisk though just in case. But clearly you did sfc already and that can be time consuming no point in running it twice.