How should I approach this project?

mathmeister
1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

Just use Excel. If you haven't picked up on it already, to do this programmatically requires skills that will take you much to long to learn. It would be much faster to learn some advanced Excel skills and just use that to manage your database and scheduling.

the problem with this is that it requires a program that can handle excel sheets and if you use a feature that is only in Excel then you would require Microsoft office.

if you were to do this in any Microsoft product, access would be a far better option.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

10 hours ago, madknight3 said:

What skills does the other person in your group have in regards to this project?

Same as me, none

16 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

personally, I would make it web based angularJS and boot strap for the front end and php for the back end.

I would make php take variables via GET and then have that return json, which is called via ajax for the angular ja to sort all the data out.

Have no idea what this means but it sounds good and I think it will be helpful when I decode it.

5 hours ago, mathmeister said:

Have no idea what this means but it sounds good and I think it will be helpful when I decode it.

it means you create the user interface as a website then use php to pull data and return it to the ui.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´