Is the founders edition really worth it in this case?

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my old GPU and have decided to go with a GTX 1070. I've been looking at all the different versions and almost none of them manage to caught my eye. That being said, my setup consists of black/grey, and white. So I was wondering if a founders edition would be worth the money if it dropped to somewhere around the $420 mark: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G4AY2765&cm_re=1070_founders-_-14-125-870-_-Product To be honest I'm kind of a sucker for the reference design of the Pascal family. The other card I was looking at was a newly released card, the MSI Quick Silver GTX 1070: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137046&cm_re=quick_silver-_-14-137-046-_-Product which goes for $450 or $430 if you take advantage of the MIR. What would be the best card to go with considering they are around the same price? (Yes I am aware there are better versions of the 1070 out there but these are the only two whose design I absolutely love)

That depends. what case are you using? 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

5 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

That depends. what case are you using? 

The Fractal Design Node 804, I've made sure and the case fits both of the cards no problem. Has plenty of room for airflow. Have 2 120mm corsair AF series fans on the front in case I went with the blower style of the reference version

I always preferred the look and performance of non-reference coolers myself. Very subjective question though.

When in doubt, re-format.

I wouldn't bother with a reference unless you are going with SLI. They look good together, but IMO not one their own.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

2 minutes ago, Imabigmac said:

I wouldn't bother with a reference unless you are going with SLI. They look good together, but IMO not one their own.

Well I plan to go SLI later down the line when I upgrade to Kaby Lake but looking for a single card at the moment

1 minute ago, Skybound said:

Well I plan to go SLI later down the line when I upgrade to Kaby Lake but looking for a single card at the moment

Don't.

Just sell and buy a better single GPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Skybound said:

Well if you plan on keeping the 804 and doing SLI, I would then plan to get the reference cards.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Don't.

Just sell and buy a better single GPU.

I would but I feel if I go any more powerful my CPU will bottleneck my GPU. Have a i5 4460 which is barely cutting it

4 minutes ago, Skybound said:

I would but I feel if I go any more powerful my CPU will bottleneck my GPU. Have a i5 4460 which is barely cutting it

And for some reason you think SLI wouldn't do the same....?

What??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

53 minutes ago, Enderman said:

And for some reason you think SLI wouldn't do the same....?

What??

I said that I wanted to upgrade to Kaby Lake down the line but it might be some time before I do so I want to go with a GPU that will not bottleneck me right now

8 minutes ago, Skybound said:

I said that I wanted to upgrade to Kaby Lake down the line but it might be some time before I do so I want to go with a GPU that will not bottleneck me right now

I'm saying that instead of doing SLI you sell the old card and buy a new one because a single more powerful GPU is a much better decision than SLI.

I am not telling you to upgrade right now.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I'm saying that instead of doing SLI you sell the old card and buy a new one because a single more powerful GPU is a much better decision than SLI.

I am not telling you to upgrade right now.

Well thx for the feedback, will definitely look into it. Its just that I would have to save more money and I wanted to buy one during the holidays