Gaming PC Under $500

Nate Tsirlemes

I'm looking to buy a decent prebuilt gaming pc under or around $500. Does anyone have any recommendations???

2 minutes ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

No, maybe some War Thunder, World of Tanks, BF1, or even Overwatch. 

Maybe if you put the resolution to like 1024x768 and run them MINIMAL settings u might get 20-45fps on them, if that is acceptable for you? With 500$ you wont get much more then that and that is assuming you have a monitor, sound system, keyboard and a mouse.

3 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

Maybe if you put the resolution to like 1024x768 and run them MINIMAL settings u might get 20-45fps on them, if that is acceptable for you? With 500$ you wont get much more then that and that is assuming you have a monitor, sound system, keyboard and a mouse.

You're hilariously wrong dude. $500 can do most games at 1080p on medium settings with a 750 Ti. 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

1 minute ago, Imglidinhere said:

You're hilariously wrong dude. $500 can do most games at 1080p on medium settings with a 750 Ti. 

Are you taking into account he wants PREBUILT, not self built.

Prebuilt usually means a lot more expensive.

I just built my GF a budget Gaming PC for under that, It's running an intel G4400 and runs everything we've tried on max(Rust, The Forest, a few others). You would just have to source a graphics card.

Here is the PC Parts picker link;

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Conker5295/saved/#view=W6vnQ7

Look at the one under 'GFs Build'

EDIT

I know you are looking for Pre-Built. I strongly advise against that, even with very limited computer knowledge there is plenty of resources out there to help you.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Honestly, I'd really recommend building your own. The caliber of components you'll get is far higher than any prebuilt machine for the price point.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/YVLGxY
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/YVLGxY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($82.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($41.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $504.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-15 10:02 EST-0500

This is by no means a powerhouse, but I have confidence that this will handle most games at 1080p at acceptable detail levels and framerates.

This also assumes you have all peripherals like monitor, keyboard, speakers and a mouse.

Long story short, building your own REALLY adds a lot of power to your PC and is pretty easy to do with minimal tools and experience. Plus its super fun.

1 minute ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I just built my GF a budget Gaming PC for under that, It's running an intel G4400 and runs everything we've tried on max(Rust, The Forest, a few others). You would just have to source a graphics card.

Here is the PC Parts picker link;

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Conker5295/saved/#view=W6vnQ7

Look at the one under 'GFs Build'

Exactly you BUILT, he wants a prebuilt computer. Building your own computer is a LOT cheaper.

Also your all asuming he is form the USA, if he is not, you can make all the items about 20-50% more expensive.

Prebuilt? Not gonna get good framerates if you can run anything at all. 1050ti with an I3 or FX6300 would be good.

ERROR: VAR_TRAINOFTHOUGHT RETURN CHAR(MISSING)

RESTART  BRAINTHOUGHTS_MAJORGOOB.EXE?

Y                             N

~               

11 minutes ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

I'm looking to buy a decent prebuilt gaming pc under or around $500. Does anyone have any recommendations???

i would recommend you build it youself, $500 is gonna net you a lemon for a pc. need os/monitor/peripherals?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Instead of just shooting him down, maybe try to make a recommendation to help out. Everyone's got to start somewhere.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

Just now, Nate Tsirlemes said:

I just thought building your own would be more expensive.

No. Far cheaper and better to build your own.

Just now, Nate Tsirlemes said:

it'll be cheaper for better performance. need os/monitor/peripherals for your pc?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 minutes ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

you should build it yourself.

get either one of these setups.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dBxw7h

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3mWkjc

2 minutes ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

I have a mouse, keyboard, and monitor already.

i'd recommend this if you're fine with rebates:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($36.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($46.97 @ Newegg) 
Total: $497.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-15 10:12 EST-0500

7 minutes ago, Nate Tsirlemes said:

11 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

Exactly you BUILT, he wants a prebuilt computer. Building your own computer is a LOT cheaper.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=30697285

BOOM. Need to grab some speakers, but this will handle any games you want to play at 1080p without an issue. Not ideal, but it's a monster for the price and you'll be able to handle High settings at 1080p with that card, easily holding 60 fps.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

15 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=30697285

BOOM. Need to grab some speakers, but this will handle any games you want to play at 1080p without an issue. Not ideal, but it's a monster for the price and you'll be able to handle High settings at 1080p with that card, easily holding 60 fps.

He already has a monitor, so I'd consider upgrading its power supply (standard 250W) to make this a very decent 80% prebuilt option. 

37 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

At this price point by gaming you mean minecraft right? 500$ wont be playing modern games.

i3 6100 ang RX460 can run pretty much anything

Guys

I'm just asking but can't you go to like a pc store and ask if they can build it if you give them the parts and they offer a fee like 50$?

If so why just offer pc parts, he gets them and he gets a better pc, then he can just do that.

31 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

Also your all asuming he is form the USA, if he is not, you can make all the items about 20-50% more expensive.

It's not that much cheaper honestly. Prebuilts have gone down in price a lot. You pay about 15% more for a prebuilt. Though in this case I think he should build.

It's over budget but things can be changed, it's a baseline. I would recommend going to a g4400 to cut cost.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3XWkjc

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK