A Cheap Pair Of Headphones Can Accurately Measure Your Heart Rate

everything count to life

Thanks to researchers at the Kaiteki Institute in Japan, you can constantly monitor your heart rates with a cheap pair of headphones.

Read more at: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/10/a-cheap-pair-of-headphones-can-accurately-measure-your-heart-rate/

What are your thoughts?

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Or you could put your finger on your wrist

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Looks really cool and I could see this being very useful.

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

I want to measure my heart rate, what is the best sound card I should get?

Obviously the Essence One Muses, it can cancel out all the nasty digestion noises and has pure platinum diodes to ensure speedy resuscitation in case of congenital heat failure.

For some people it just doesn't work. Like for me. Few people have tried, nothing could be felt.

On topic: Kinda weird to see headphones measuring heart rate. Weird idea but if it works, it could be useful.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

No that actually isn't something you  could just do. If you are doing some cardio you can't just stop to measure your heart rate. The thing is specifically there to help you hit your target. If you would stop it would just drop again.

This is really cool if it's accurate at all. I know I would be interested in it. I would hope they would team up with someone who does audio though. The implementations that are around now aren't the most comfortable things and get in the way a bit.