[BUILD LOG] My new rig: 6700K + R9 Fury Nitro in a Phanteks P400 Eclipse

Morgan MLGman

Hello there, I'm proud to share this with you guys, my shiny new rig is finally assembled!

The aim for this rig was for me to finally get a decent one and to finally put some attention to aestethics.

I'm not sure how to make a build log, so I'll just put random pictures showing the progress with a description :)

Full specs in my sig :)

1. This was a few hours before my motherboard arrived (The last part I needed to build the rig entirely):

JsXBKeN.jpg

2. Stuff I was re-using from my previous build: An SSD, a Wi-Fi card, a CPU cooler and a few fans + two hard drives:

sK9QOKm.jpg

3. My motherboard has arrived :) :

BAcjLaD.jpg

4. Time to start the build, case with the fans installed:

56sHacK.jpg

5: CPU, CPU cooler, RAM and a new M.2 SSD installed into the motherboard:

WngyfLo.jpg

6: The issue that I encountered, my new RAM is too high for one of the CPU cooler fans to be installed properly, it's still doable though:

sO9MS4g.jpg

7: Motherboard in the case for the first time:

Rd3gwa0.jpg

8: Everything but the LED Strip wired here :) :

ceFEv8M.jpg

9: IT'S ALIVE! :

NDm6EvF.jpg

10: Some pictures with lights off for a better effect (All LED's are RGB):

chIhuDz.jpg

L1suQrM.jpg

Q5lOezL.jpg

11: A bonus picture, my new rig next to my dad's rig: (He's got an i7-5820K @4,5GHz + a GTX 970 as he doesn't game too heavily and it was the best card for the price at the time [pre-R9 300 series] and yes, that is a NZXT H440 Razer Edition)

EvMxhcz.jpg

Hope someone liked it, I'm gonna do some overclocking tomorrow, I'm too tired today though :)

FUTURE UPGRADES: Quieter fans, possibly an AIO for the looks, Vega/Volta GPU when they release?

Cheers!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

your dad and your systems are very nice looking... very nice!

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

4 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

your dad and your systems are very nice looking... very nice!

Thank you very much, I was the one building both of those ^^

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

*jaw drops*

Should've gone mitx imo

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

For those curious, my old PC looked like that:

(specs: i7-3770S, R9 290X, 16GB DDR3 etc)

slUoo7p.jpg

uDtcZs4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Thank you very much, I was the one building both of those ^^

future goals, to have bomb ass looking system. also just wondering, is your dad like a software engineer? he has a pretty beefy CPU

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

*jaw drops*

Should've gone mitx imo

Trust me, this was already a size reduction, considering my previous case was a full tower monster case, its weight (without the components inside) was like almost 14kg's...

4 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

future goals, to have bomb ass looking system. also just wondering, is your dad like a software engineer? he has a pretty beefy CPU

Well, kind of. My dad is a CEO of an IT company here in Poland :) He does CPU heavy stuff.

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Trust me, this was already a size reduction, considering my previous case was a full tower monster case, its weight (without the components inside) was like almost 14kg's...

Well, kind of. My dad is a CEO of an IT company here in Poland :) He does CPU heavy stuff.

dank af

Gorgeous <3

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Hello there, I'm proud to share this with you guys, my shiny new rig is finally assembled!

The aim for this rig was for me to finally get a decent one and to finally put some attention to aestethics.

FUTURE UPGRADES: Quieter fans, possibly an AIO for the looks, Vega/Volta GPU when they release?

Cheers!

looks REALLY nice mate, congrats!! i'm sure it performs well...one thing i would say though...that 3rd fan on your CPU cooler...the one on the right that block your gorgeous RAM sticks...i would just remove it...your cooler is super huge anyways and i'm sure with 2 fans you'll get the same temps anyways, maybe 1c more or something and it would look a lot better and would also be quieter...

Other than that i really like it :) great part selection! Hooah!

...PSU cable extensions in white, or black and white would be badass...24pin and PCIe power :)

i would also probably mod the bottom section of the case to have the PCIe extensions for your GPU coming straight up from the bottom chamber. (i would drill a hole and put some kind of rubber grommet around it or something.)

EDIT: in fact you seem to have a rubber grommet ready to use just bellow your GPU, looks like you just didn't used it mate :P

Capture.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

looks REALLY nice mate, congrats!! i'm sure it performs well...one thing i would say though...that 3rd fan on your CPU cooler...the one on the right that block your gorgeous RAM sticks...i would just remove it...your cooler is super huge anyways and i'm sure with 2 fans you'll get the same temps anyways, maybe 1c more or something and it would look a lot better and would also be quieter...

Other than that i really like it :) great part selection! Hooah!

...PSU cable extensions in white, or black and white would be badass...24pin and PCIe power :)

i would also probably mod the bottom section of the case to have the PCIe extensions for your GPU coming straight up from the bottom chamber. (i would drill a hole and put some kind of rubber grommet around it or something.)

EDIT: in fact you seem to have a rubber grommet ready to use just bellow your GPU, looks like you just didn't used it mate :P

Capture.png

Yep, I noticed that too when I looked at the pictures, I wanted to finish the build faster and I didn't notice it before ^^ I'll re-arrange the cables later today, good eye :)

Yeah, I will buy black&white braided cable extensions at some point and I'll do testing what's the difference with or without the problematic CPU fan in terms of CPU temperatures, removing the fan would allow the second RAM stick to be seen and damn - those Corsair Vengeance LED RAM's are pretty damn cool looking!

So the "to do" list of that build would be: Re-arrange cables, check the impact of the third fan on CPU temperatures and potentially remove it, buy quieter fans, buy black&white cable extensions and consider buying an AIO at some point... Although Im not entirely sure about the last one...

It looks very nice! To be honest, as time grow, I kinda hate the front row "wasted space" where you buy brackets for more drive. It makes the case feel empty and AIO will block all those spots. But, oh well. It's affordable.

• 10 months later...

UPDATE #1 13.10.2017

It's time to post a few pictures with an updated rig!

Change log:
- Changed the GPU to a Gigabyte GTX 980Ti XTREME Gaming 6GB
- Added a Corsair H100i V2 AIO
- switched all of the case fans - 2x Enermax Cluster Advance 120, 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm
- Added a set of Phanteks white sleeved PSU cable extensions

- Added a better Wi-Fi card

- Added a WD Red 2TB NAS HDD

General look:
4LNMaXJ.jpg

Front:
9wbkgrw.jpg

Side with no side panel:

s9F1lR7.jpg

Zoom on the new cable set:
Koyb8bV.jpg

Side with the panel on (different LED strip colours, AIO and GPU LEDs remained the same as it would take too much time to set them up differently for each picture :P ):
3ZMHP9a.jpgTvw00DQ.jpgEi4b5HL.jpgg4ZdYWC.jpgsRJwMHY.jpg

Any opinions? ^_^

Really Sweet man! i love it

but why is your corsair cooler mounted upside down like that? any reason for this?

cause i think it should be more like this:

image.png.bcaf72b13a37e6a7680e78e17a47580a.png

Other than that good job man it's a beautiful system...i can only imagine how good it looks in real.

Nice job with the GPU cables they are very straight and nice.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

25 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Really Sweet man! i love it

but why is your corsair cooler mounted upside down like that? any reason for this?

cause i think it should be more like this:

image.png.bcaf72b13a37e6a7680e78e17a47580a.png

TBH I had some issues with bending the tubes, did you have a lot of trouble bending them like that? My main issue was that they touched the side panel plexi glass :| I'd like to mount it the way you did though...

Also, how did you install the H100i v2 in the front? Is the rad inside of the case and the fans "outside"? By outside I mean under the front shroud?

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

TBH I had some issues with bending the tubes, did you have a lot of trouble bending them like that? My main issue was that they touched the side panel plexi glass :| I'd like to mount it the way you did though...

Also, how did you install the H100i v2 in the front? Is the rad inside of the case and the fans "outside"? By outside I mean under the front shroud?

No issues at all with the tubes, they went in just like that naturally... they do touch the glass but only very slightly like i don't have to push on it to put it on or anything, it fits nicely...here a picture of my installation with the fans (which i want to upgrade BTW, to nice looking ones) as you can see it fit easily

large.58b9c7e1e7a07_2017-03-0313_58_42.j

35 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

No issues at all with the tubes, they went in just like that naturally... they do touch the glass but only very slightly like i don't have to push on it to put it on or anything, it fits nicely...here a picture of my installation with the fans (which i want to upgrade BTW, to nice looking ones) as you can see it fit easily

Yeah, it does look great but do you only have fans in pull configuration? It should perform worse than with fans in push

The problem is that the tubes cannot touch the plexi glass in my case, it's extremely easy to scratch it (especially from the inside) so I gotta figure that out somehow, my idea is to put the fans responsible for pushing air outside, under the front case panel - do you think that would work? The tubes should fit better that way

26 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, it does look great but do you only have fans in pull configuration? It should perform worse than with fans in push

The problem is that the tubes cannot touch the plexi glass in my case, it's extremely easy to scratch it (especially from the inside) so I gotta figure that out somehow, my idea is to put the fans responsible for pushing air outside, under the front case panel - do you think that would work? The tubes should fit better that way

not only does i only have them in pull...but i also run them at EXTREMELY low RPMs...always...

see, those fans for me are STUPID loud...they are probably the loudest fans i have ever owned actually...and i hate them...they are terrible...BUT...my CPU i'm lucky my daily overclock i achieve with only 1.195v which is very low...so my CPU does not pull much power at all therefore my temps are really good...i run pump on quiet setting and fans i even have custom profile in corsair link so they run really slow and quiet...and yet i never see my CPU temps reach even 70c...usually they are at like 60-62c while gaming...so i don't need more wind in there...it's plenty.

About putting the fans the other side of the panel...i think it might work, i'm not sure...you would have to try it out i guess...

33 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Also i've seen many tests where they test push vs pull and it really doesn't make much of a difference...i know it souds wierd but the difference is very minimal...like 1 or 2c at best.