60hz freesync + rx470 or normal monitor + gtx 1060

TheEndIsNear

Which one introduces a better gameplay?  a 1080p 60hz freesync Monitor with rx470 4gb, or a normal monitor with a gtx1060 6gb? 

i think the latter is better since it can have 60fps in the long run, but some says that a freesync monitor is smoother when the fps is within the freesync range which might not be something that can retain in future demanding games. Also are screen tearing really distracting and easily ruins gameplay?

What about rx 480 + normal monitor and get a freesync 144Hz one when you can afford it?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

What about rx 480 + normal monitor and get a freesync 144Hz one when you can afford it?

by the time i have the money to get a new monitor i'll probably be when i'm building a new pc by then, so i will be using this setup in the long run and save up to buy a new system which may or may not be with a amd card.

4 minutes ago, TheEndIsNear said:

by the time i have the money to get a new monitor i'll probably be when i'm building a new pc by then, so i will be using this setup in the long run and save up to buy a new system which may or may not be with a amd card.

if that is the plan then just get the 1060 and dont switch monitors?

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

1 minute ago, LukaH said:

if that is the plan then just get the 1060 and dont switch monitors?

i dont have a monitor at home so i'm deciding what monitor to go for, i'll probably go with a ViewSonic VA2419-sh and a 1060:D

75Hz freesync monitors are not that more expensive than 60Hz. I would suggest getting one of those with a RX470.