Best 1440p monitor for fast-paced gaming?

I am looking for a good 1440p monitor to upgrade to.  I currently have an older benq 1080p monitor, but have saved up enough to buy a newer monitor.  I have looked at the pg279q but would rather not spend that much on just one monitor, do you have any suggestions?

Just now, Technicolors said:

what card do you have? willing to spend on g-sync / freesync? 

I have a GTX 1070, I'm willing to pay for g-sync, but cheaper is better, and I'm also willing to sacrifice g-sync for a worthwhile product

I'd personally recommend the pg279q. If price is an issue, just keep an eye on Amazon for one of their warehouse deals.  At worst, if there is an issue with it, you'll be forced to return it.  Works out to be about 600ish compared to the typical 800? 

IPS panels are glorious and their color depth cannot be understated compared to TN.

EDIT:

Also look at Pixio's lineup:  IPS, 1440p screens that are similar in quality to the others.  Their customer service is pretty good, but RMAs will be more expensive than other manufacturers.   https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-PX277-2560x1440-FreeSync-Displayport/dp/B01HPDAF68/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479076827&sr=1-1&keywords=pixio+1440p+144hz 

Just now, ManyFaced said:

I'd personally recommend the pg279q. If price is an issue, just keep an eye on Amazon for one of their warehouse deals.  At worst, if there is an issue with it, you'll be forced to return it.  Works out to be about 600ish compared to the typical 800? 

IPS panels are glorious and their color depth cannot be understated compared to TN.

Ok

1 minute ago, Andydandyfiddy said:

This is probably not the best monitor for gaming, It's probably aimed at content creators more, But it does have excellent 99% SRGB, Great stand and looks great

The; Dell U2715H (Or 25" version U2515H)

It's a 1440p Monitor, 8-5ms response time, average 60hz, IPS Panel etc

http://www1.la.dell.com/vc/en/corp/peripherals/dell-u2515h-monitor/pd.aspx?refid=dell-u2515h-monitor&s=corp

24-260-274-01.jpg

Thanks

I have a BenQ XL2730Z and it's a pretty good monitor for gaming. I have a Nvidia card too and just don't care for freesync or anything like that. Freesync and Gsync cause input lag like Vsync, but less.

16 hours ago, ManyFaced said:

EDIT:

Also look at Pixio's lineup:  IPS, 1440p screens that are similar in quality to the others.  Their customer service is pretty good, but RMAs will be more expensive than other manufacturers.   https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-PX277-2560x1440-FreeSync-Displayport/dp/B01HPDAF68/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479076827&sr=1-1&keywords=pixio+1440p+144hz 

Have you looked at the new ROG Swift PG278QR 1440p 165hz 1ms TN and glorious i have just bought one. TN panel used has no problem in delivering amazing picture quality launched October this year.

11 minutes ago, jonno45 said:

Have you looked at the new ROG Swift PG278QR 1440p 165hz 1ms TN and glorious i have just bought one. TN panel used has no problem in delivering amazing picture quality launched October this year.

how much is it?

43 minutes ago, Terranamics said:

how much is it?

£550GBP

On 11/14/2016 at 10:09 AM, jonno45 said:

I have. There is no comparison between a TN and an IPS panel as far as colors and viewing angles go.  If someone is willing to settle for a TN (and I stress the settle, part), they should look elsewhere beyond the ROG Swift TN.  It's not that the swift is a bad TN, but there are PLENTY of quality TN panels out there at high refresh rates, the swift version is overpriced for what it is.

The Swift IPS? Less so, simply because high FPS IPS panels are still fairly rare and rarer still to get a decent one.

And both are kinda inflated pricewise due to gsync.   A good non-gysnc option would be the similar IPS 144hz panels from PIxio.