Windows 10 Login

Hey there when I had windows 10 installed using an OFFLINE account when i booted from a cold boot it would take 10+ mins to log in.... anyone know why

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Slow hdd probably.

Nope I have an SSD and it is fairly new so I dont see why that would be a problem

Just now, David The Gamer said:

Nope I have an SSD and it is fairly new so I dont see why that would be a problem

What do you have under startup in msconfig?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

What do you have under startup in msconfig?

this was an issue that made me down grade to 8.1 but i wanted to see if it was still a problem ect i need it back but i cant have something taking 10 mins to login

8 minutes ago, David The Gamer said:

this was an issue that made me down grade to 8.1 but i wanted to see if it was still a problem ect i need it back but i cant have something taking 10 mins to login

Sounds like the downgrade messed it up.

Have you tried clean installing?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Sounds like the downgrade messed it up.

Have you tried clean installing?

when switching oses i always clean installing 

2 minutes ago, David The Gamer said:

when switching oses i always clean installing 

Ok good.

Did you check the SSD speed and condition using crystaldiskinfo?

Did you try running sfc /scannow?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ok cool thanks soon i will reinstall win 10 some time soon and will let you know about the SSD

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Ok good.

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Ok good.

it looks fine 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, David The Gamer said:

it looks fine 

Yeah it looks fine, no idea why it took 10 minutes.

I would suggest that you make sure all drives except the OS drive as unplugged while clean installing, and when you get to the partitions screen during the clean install you delete everything there until only "unallocated space" is left, then that is where you install windows.

Spoiler