Zotac GTX 1060 Amp opinions ?

Thony

Any owners of this gpu ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-GeForce-1060-GDDR5-Graphics/dp/B01I5O5AP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478904852&sr=8-1&keywords=zotac+gtx+1060

Im planning on getting one of the 1060s on Black Friday/Cyber Monday and zotac or other cheap brands are more likely to be featured during the sale.

Is the card loud / hot ?

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I don't own this card, but I can safely assume it will be cool/quiet

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I don't own this card, but I can safely assume it will be cool/quiet

Assumption is not what im looking for, i can do that myself :/

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Zotac is a really good company even though it isn't as well known as say asus or msi cards, and the AMP cards cooling system is suppose to work really well for the 10-series GPUS.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

I also don't own this thing but I can safely suggest it to you ;).

I did recently build a pc for my bud using this card. 

And yeh it's pretty much fine and quiet. In a closed case I can't make it out over the other fans while gaming. (Corsair case stock fans)

Although i noticed it getting loud and hot fairly quickly when OCed. 

He he is now running it with a fairly moderate OC ( ~ +20mV). with that Applied i would deswcribe the sound as fairly normal.

But as I wrote earlier: leave it on stock or a light OC and have a closed case = nearly silent while gaming.

Build quality of the fans and shroud I would describe as a good average but nothing fancy. :)

So: Sang that thing on the sale :D

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

I like Zotac. High Quality Builds. One of my Favorites. Go for it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

It runs a little warmer than some of the other cards but is still very cool. I personally like the looks of this card over the looks of a lot of other cards.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I have the 1070 version of this card with the same cooler and I can say it's pretty good. My card doesn't go above 66C in the heaviest load, usually staying around 60C. Keep in mind the 1070 generates more heat than the 1060, so the 1060 Amp should run even cooler. The card is also quiet, so I would definitely recommend it.

Lian-li O11-Dynamic | i7-11700K |  MSI Z590 MAG Tomahawk | 64gb Ripjaws 3200MHz | 1tb Nvme SSD + 6tb HDD RAID | Corsair H115i Cooler | EVGA 850BQ PSU | RTX 3080ti TUF | LG C2 65" & Acer Nitro XV340CK Monitor

Spoiler

I have the Zotac 1060 mini and it's the roughest looking graphics card ever sold. And it works just fine. 

I doubt you'll have any problems with the 1060 AMP! 

15 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I have the Zotac 1060 mini and it's the roughest looking graphics card ever sold. And it works just fine. 

I doubt you'll have any problems with the 1060 AMP! 

is it not very nosily  I am i plan to get a new gpu  and sell my reference rx480 that sound like a hair dryer

12 hours ago, m2234323 said:

is it not very nosily  I am i plan to get a new gpu  and sell my reference rx480 that sound like a hair dryer

The AMP! is no doubt a quiet card. 

The 1060 mini can be heard under stress but it's not noisy. 

7 hours ago, kokakolia said:

The AMP! is no doubt a quiet card. 

The 1060 mini can be heard under stress but it's not noisy. 

will this one work GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD Video Card

3 hours ago, m2234323 said:

will this one work GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD Video Card

Probably. You'll have to find a review. Sadly, most GPU reviews don't even mention noise levels. They just talk about benchmarks, which don't matter in the grand scheme of things because all GTX 1060s 6gb perform roughly the same. Can you really spot a 5 FPS difference when your framerate is 50+ already? 

From what I saw on Youtube, Zotac cards perform at a slightly higher temperature (still in the mid 70s at mos for the mini) but have lower noise levels. 

This is how a brand like Asus over-engineers their cards with overkill heatsinks and charges extra $$$. It's a similar story with MSI and EVGA. But EVGA screwed up with their hot VRAM modules xD I don't even know why I still watch these tech reviews. I am so confused why there are so many variations of the same card with wide price disparities. EVGA, MSI and Asus are the worst culprits. 

I just like Zotac because they only have 2 models (that I know of) for the GTX 1060. The scraggy looking "Mini" and the "Amp!". They're just being super honest by offering a barebones card and a "mid-tier" card with a decent heatsink and two fans that wouldn't look out of place on a higher-end card, like the 1070. 

I don't think you could go wrong with the GTX 1060 Windforce from Gigabyte. But some famous Youtuber demolished the RX 480 Windforce from Gigabyte. So I am flabbergasted. I don't know how a well-established company like Gigabyte can screw up this bad. 

If you want silent but still good performing coolers go with EVGA ACX 3.0 or MSI Gaming cards. Those are the more silent coolers from current gen. Obviously multi fan cards are better for noisy then single fan cards....

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list