why the newest bios caused my PC to completely freeze ?

Go to solution Solved by bgibbz,
4 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

thanks

but if it an issue with my motherboard or cpu why my pc freeze only with f5 bios and NOT f4 ?

It is not uncommon for newer BIOS versions to interact differently with hardware. It is for this exact reason why BIOS updates aren't required or even necessarily recommended. 

I'm using gigabyte z170x gaming 5 since 1 year with bios f4 without any proplem

but when I updated to bios f5 it work but suddenly after I think 1 hour and while I was searching steam for game

the PC completely freeze and the only way was to hard shut it down

then I was playing a game and also completely freeze

I then downloaded f4 bios again

and now no more freezes

but why ??

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Ever heard "if its not broken don't fix it"? No reason to update BIOS unless you have any specific issues. As or your issue, are you sure it was caused by BIOS? How do you know it wasnt caused by something else if it only happened once?

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

maybe issue with your cpu/ram combo, or just a badly tested bios update. Though i should say that rule of thumb for bios updates is if their nothing wrong with the current bios version don't update it 

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

Ever heard "if its not broken don't fix it"? No reason to update BIOS unless you have any specific issues. As or your issue, are you sure it was caused by BIOS? How do you know it wasnt caused by something else if it only happened once?

because it happened twice after I updated to f5 in the same day

but with f4 it never happen

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Just now, maria2244 said:

because it happened twice after I updated to f5 in the same day

but with f4 it never happen

Ok. Either way, what I said above applies. BIOS updates are not necessary, and not recommended unless you have a legitimate issue that you think a BIOS update would solve.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

maybe issue with your cpu/ram combo, or just a badly tested bios update. Though i should say that rule of thumb for bios updates is if their nothing wrong with the current bios version don't update it 

thanks

but if it an issue with my motherboard or cpu why my pc freeze only with f5 bios and NOT f4 ?

Just now, maria2244 said:

thanks

edits made to the bios in the f5 bios that have problems, but aren't in the f4 bios 

4 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

thanks

It is not uncommon for newer BIOS versions to interact differently with hardware. It is for this exact reason why BIOS updates aren't required or even necessarily recommended.