Best Free Antivirus for gaming?

Hi! :D

I use Norton as my antivirus program and i have used it for years. I actually like it a lot and I have never really had any problems with it other than the price... It's expensive as h***. I have heard that it's not good for gaming computers as it affects performance a lot. What is the best, free antivirus program for gaming? I have heard that Avast is very good, but I dunno... :D

Maybe Malwarebytes, if you want to manually scan every so often. 

The best Antivirus is indeed free though. Common sense. If it is dodgy, don't click on it. Simple and very effective. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

2 minutes ago, JoaKimzen said:

-SNIP-

Windows Defender

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Just now, zMeul said:

MBAM is not an AV

It is antimaleware, I know. It is just as useful as just about any true antivirus, and lighter on the system, if you use some brain cells on what you download and what sites you visit, on a windows computer anyway.  

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

If you have windows 10 just use the built in windows defender, its good enough. Just scan when you aren't gaming. 

Just now, Sheldon_King said:

It is antimaleware, I know. It is just as useful as just about any true antivirus, and lighter on the system, if you use some brain cells on what you download and what sites you visit, on a windows computer anyway.  

MBAM does not stand for an AV

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

MBAM does not stand for an AV

Well I guess it's an AV in the sense that it seeks out and contains malware when you manually search for it :P (but it's not a AV either...it's like a limited functionality AV)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I dont have AV on my gaming OS. I kept my work and gaming OS seperate so I use my work OS to scan for viruses on my gaming drive

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

15 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

If you don't pirate and don't download sketchy stuff you don't need one.

yes you need

on my old computer I was searching google about pc parts

then after I visited a blog it has redirected my homepage to a crappy website

and the only solution was a clean instal

I was using windows defender .

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .