Samsung 840 EVO lifetime Write data.

I just bought a used Samsung 840 EVO from eBay and the guy said he used it for about a month. The Total Bytes Written says 2.26TB does that sound about right for a month of usage or is that more usage than what he said? It sounds like very little to me but also sounds like more than a months usage but that all depends on i guess what it was used for tho also.

That amount sounds a little bit high for one month's time, but in comparison to the entire lifespan on the SSD, it's nothing.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

I've got 2.8TB on my 850 pro I have been using for almost a year.

2.2TB is not bad, it will last for much more than 100x longer than that, but still, if that much was done in a month then idk what the heck he was doing to his SSD.

This is why I never recommend people buy used storage.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, ChiefGunny said:

I just bought a used Samsung 840 EVO from eBay and the guy said he used it for about a month. The Total Bytes Written says 2.26TB does that sound about right for a month of usage or is that more usage than what he said? It sounds like very little to me but also sounds like more than a months usage but that all depends on i guess what it was used for tho also.

That's pretty heavy use but nothing to worry about really they are rated for something like 70TB where they can guarantee it's reliability but can last way past that.