building my 1st desktop W/ three questions

so i have been thinking about building my pc into a table cuz every thing is spread  out and easy to find i have been spending lots of time working out how it will be air cooled and watching other videos for help but have three questions 1)the desk will be my case is there anything that would normally comes with a case that i would need to get for my desk pc? 2) is using two 120mm fans to cool every thing too much like 2 for every HHD, SSD,

GPU, sound card and capture card? 3) is there any wire or cable for a sound card and GPU that link it to the motherboard so the gpu could be 1 to 2 feet away feet from the motherboard?

m12 warthog

6 minutes ago, m12lrvRvsB said:

so i have been thinking about building my pc into a table cuz every thing is spread  out and easy to find i have been spending lots of time working out how it will be air cooled and watching other videos for help but have three questions 1)the desk will be my case is there anything that would normally comes with a case that i would need to get for my desk pc? 2) is using two 80mm fans to cool every thing too much like 2 for every HHD, SSD,

GPU, sound card and capture card? 3) is there any wire or cable for a sound card and GPU that link it to the motherboard so the gpu could be 1 to 2 feet away feet from the motherboard?

3. There are PCI extensions, but not 1-2' maybe 6"

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

1) A case would have the wires and the connectors for power and reset buttons and the front panel audio and USB. You can get all that separately but you can scrap a case for them too. Cases also have grounding handled which you might want to look into. In addition to the safety concerns, without proper grounding you may experience interference in audio.

2) Definitely not too much. More like way too little. 80mm is a poor choice anyway. There are more quality options in the 120/140mm sizes.

3)Not really, no. You don't want to extend PCI-E tat far. 10-15cm is fine but twice/four times that is too much. GPUs can't handle the latency. If you insist, you can convert PCI-E to Thunderbolt and run that for meters on meters and then convert that back to PCI-E. But that'd be a bottleneck. Just find a way to mount the GPU closer.

1)https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PSC01MW/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1478570878&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX280_SY350_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=pc+power+button will make any desk pc into an awesome desk pc. Just make sure your grounded. 

2) You are using 2 80mm fans to cool everything ? It will be LOUD and run hot. I would personally use no less the  4 120mm fans. And that depends on your setup such as how far apart each part is. Keep on mind smaller fans run faster and louder. 

3) https://www.amazon.com/Express-Riser-Extender-Flexible-Extension/dp/B008BZBFTG# I wouldn't go feet. Just a few inches 

i planning on using 120mm for internal stuff and air flow in and out i am using 140mm sorry i miss read the fans size on my pc part picker list

m12 warthog