Booting the back up image of my HDD from my SSD...

I cloned my HDD from my desktop to an SSD that I put in my old laptop, but cant seem to get it to boot from either (mostly want it to boot from the laptop.

I've also created a bootable USB to run the "repair my computer" tool to fix the boot issues but have not been successful.

the first issue I had was the "bootmrg missing press ctrl+alt+del" message

Now after trying to repair the booting with the win7 repair tool, I am getting this message:

Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I've tried to do what it recommended, though that message is on my laptop which I currently have the SSD in and am trying to boot from (while having the bootale USB of WIN7). I cant seem to figure it out

Should i simply wipe the SSD and just install windows afresh or can someone save me the trouble of having to reinstall windows and all the programs on my desktop?

This is why you should never clone or migrate.

Make sure your data is backed up somewhere else, and do a clean install the proper way http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

This is what you should have done the first time.

Also remember to only have the SSD plugged in while installing windows, and when you get to this screen you need to delete everything:

Image result for windows install partitions

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

This is why you should never clone or migrate.

I've been using cloned OS for months with no issues whatsoever.

The problem is you're trying to use cloned drive in a separate rig. That's bound to fail. Running "repair your computer" from windows installation media might help but I wouldn't bet on it. Try it if you can, but a fresh installation probably can't be avoided.

6 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

I've been using cloned OS for months with no issues whatsoever.

The problem is you're trying to use cloned drive in a separate rig. That's bound to fail. Running "repair your computer" from windows installation media might help but I wouldn't bet on it. Try it if you can, but a fresh installation probably can't be avoided.

You got lucky.

Issues can happen any time you do a clone, even if it's for the same PC.

It is especially bad when you clone a HDD to an SSD, even WD recommends you do not do that.

If you want to see the millions of issues that can happen just google "issues after cloning", literally anything can happen including the PC not booting.

The fix is to not be lazy and do things the proper way, which is a clean install.

It's not hard to do a clean install. With windows 10 it is easier than ever.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

You got lucky.

Issues can happen any time you do a clone, even if it's for the same PC.

It is especially bad when you clone a HDD to an SSD, even WD recommends you do not do that.

If you want to see the millions of issues that can happen just google "issues after cloning", literally anything can happen including the PC not booting.

The fix is to not be lazy and do things the proper way, which is a clean install.

It's not hard to do a clean install. With windows 10 it is easier than ever.

Migrating and cloning are tools to be used as one sees fit. Saying "you should never do that" is stupid.

If getting lucky is all you need to make it work I'll take that chance. There's no harm in trying.

Thanks guys.

But don't network admins clone desktops with windows and all programs pre-installed and use thosE in practically all computer on s network to save time and money?  

What is different about that then what I'm trying to do.

I'm not lazy, I was just was trying to do what seemed plausible. But now I probably spent more time trying to make it work this way then just a fresh install.  But I didn't have the cd to begin with. 

Had to use a key extraction tool. Then download the win7 iso which for some odd reason only let me download a french or Korean version of Windows!  Retarded!  So understand my apprehension to do a fresh install to my ssd. It wa my uncles pc (the desktop), I didn't want to scrap it. But I saw his windows 7 cd before - it wasn't french. Just can't find it now. Probably got thrown away. 

7 hours ago, Verrierr said:

Migrating and cloning are tools to be used as one sees fit. Saying "you should never do that" is stupid.

If getting lucky is all you need to make it work I'll take that chance. There's no harm in trying.

No, it is a shortcut and a bad solution which most of the time causes problems (eg. THIS thread right here)

You will save time by just doing a clean install in the first place and not dealing with issues like this.

It's also recommended that you do a clean install every 6-24 months to keep everything running perfectly.

If you go to event viewer you can see all the errors happening in your OS in the background which you probably don't know about, a clean install fixes all those, cloning makes it worse.

It is also not recommended by WD because cloning from a HDD to an SSD can make the SSD be recognized as a HDD and get damaged by cleaning functions.

It's also horrible to clone when replacing hardware like the motherboard, because all the drivers will be wrong.

Linus tried that on one PC and it was 100% unusable because no USB devices worked since the wrong drivers were incompatible with the motherboard.

He had to do a clean install to get the PC working again.

Guess what? He could have saved time by clean installing in the first place.

Overall there are WAY too many issues with cloning and migrating, and it is a workaround to doing things the right way which is clean installing.

All the millions of issues on google back up my claims. Some happen immediately, like here. Some happen after several weeks or months, which you will probably start to notice in the future when your windows updates fail to install correctly or programs start to have random issues.

If you want to clone because you're afraid or lazy to do a clean install, then go ahead, do as you wish, but don't tell people that cloning is "good" or "fine" because it's not, it's a shortcut.

Like using tape instead of screws.

5 hours ago, Drummerboy36 said:

But don't network admins clone desktops with windows and all programs pre-installed and use thosE in practically all computer on s network to save time and money?  

Sometimes yeah, because it's easier to do that on many PCs and then just fix the ones that don't work properly.

Just saves time, although most "good" admins will actually store data separately and then do remote clean installs rather than clones.

Also usually it is done on the same hardware though, not when changing out a HDD to an SSD or other stuff.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Enderman said:

No, it is a shortcut and a bad solution which most of the time causes problems (eg. THIS thread right here)

You will save time by just doing a clean install in the first place and not dealing with issues like this.

It's also recommended that you do a clean install every 6-24 months to keep everything running perfectly.

If you go to event viewer you can see all the errors happening in your OS in the background which you probably don't know about, a clean install fixes all those, cloning makes it worse.

It is also not recommended by WD because cloning from a HDD to an SSD can make the SSD be recognized as a HDD and get damaged by cleaning functions.

It's also horrible to clone when replacing hardware like the motherboard, because all the drivers will be wrong.

Linus tried that on one PC and it was 100% unusable because no USB devices worked since the wrong drivers were incompatible with the motherboard.

He had to do a clean install to get the PC working again.

Guess what? He could have saved time by clean installing in the first place.

Overall there are WAY too many issues with cloning and migrating, and it is a workaround to doing things the right way which is clean installing.

All the millions of issues on google back up my claims. Some happen immediately, like here. Some happen after several weeks or months, which you will probably start to notice in the future when your windows updates fail to install correctly or programs start to have random issues.

If you want to clone because you're afraid or lazy to do a clean install, then go ahead, do as you wish, but don't tell people that cloning is "good" or "fine" because it's not, it's a shortcut.

Like using tape instead of screws.

Sometimes yeah, because it's easier to do that on many PCs and then just fix the ones that don't work properly.

Just saves time, although most "good" admins will actually store data separately and then do remote clean installs rather than clones.

Also usually it is done on the same hardware though, not when changing out a HDD to an SSD or other stuff.

Thanks, I'll simply a clean install.