Intel warranty - how long does it take?

Zeldwx
Go to solution Solved by Zeldwx,
24 minutes ago, alexyy said:

I would be surprised if they dealt with European RMA's in USA.

Could be that you are right. I've found some informations here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1383789/intel-rma-experience#post_19789421

It took 10 days for him to get new CPU after requesting replacement, and they sent it from factory in Netherlands. Im in good hope for reciving my CPU somewhere in next week =D.

Hey, 

Recently my i5 4690K has stopped working, so obviously I had to use warranty. Because I live in Poland (Europe) I had to do it through one of the bigger polish hardware shops, from which I purchased my piece of silicon. They are official Intel's distributor in Poland, so they can use premium warranty program of Intel. So I sent my CPU to them, they checked it and decided to send it to Intel for replace. Now, last Thursday (27.10) I recived information that my cpu has been qualified for replace, sweet! however its already a week later and they told me that, they are waiting for Intel to send them a new CPU so they can send it to me. My question is: does anybody have any experience with Intel's warranty? Especially how long does it take for Intel to send replaced cpu to Europe or any other non America countries?

PS: Last time it took them (the polish shop) only 5 days from requesting Intel's assistance to actual Intel's reciving my damaged cpu in their service.

Took me several weeks to get a new one in canada, probably take even longer for you.

If it goes over a month then you should start worrying then and contact them.

Also, iirc the status stays as "qualified for replacement" even after they ship the new item, so just be patient, shipping takes a while and it's not sent high priority.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thats really terrible then :'(

What do you mean by "several weeks"? How long exacly have you waited for your CPU?

5 minutes ago, Zeldwx said:

Thats really terrible then :'(

What do you mean by "several weeks"? How long exacly have you waited for your CPU?

Shipping it to them, and having it shipped back.

Several weeks is normal for an RMA outside the US.

Pretty much all companies take that long.

PS. use the quote button

|

V

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Took me several weeks to get a new one in canada, probably take even longer for you.

If it goes over a month then you should start worrying then and contact them.

Also, iirc the status stays as "qualified for replacement" even after they ship the new item, so just be patient, shipping takes a while and it's not sent high priority.

Prob's be quicker for him European postage is rather good.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Just now, alexyy said:

Prob's be quicker for him European postage is rather good.

Europe is overseas, canada is across the border.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Europe is overseas, canada is across the border.

Why would it be shipped from the US?

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

15 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Shipping it to them, and having it shipped back.

Several weeks is normal for an RMA outside the US.

Pretty much all companies take that long.

PS. use the quote button

|

V

Aye sorry, I am new here =D

Well they already recived my CPU, and now I only have to wait for someone there to pick a brand new i5 4690K from magazine and send it to the shop that is helping me with warranty. I will be praying to get some info until next Friday. You said it shouldn't take more than month?

Btw. thanks for this lightning speed replies :D

@alexyy I think Intel's warranty service is in USA?

13 minutes ago, Zeldwx said:

Aye sorry, I am new here =D

Well they already recived my CPU, and now I only have to wait for someone there to pick a brand new i5 4690K from magazine and send it to the shop that is helping me with warranty. I will be praying to get some info until next Friday. You said it shouldn't take more than month?

Btw. thanks for this lightning speed replies :D

@alexyy I think Intel's warranty service is in USA?

24 minutes ago, alexyy said:

Could be that you are right. I've found some informations here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1383789/intel-rma-experience#post_19789421

It took 10 days for him to get new CPU after requesting replacement, and they sent it from factory in Netherlands. Im in good hope for reciving my CPU somewhere in next week =D.

1 hour ago, alexyy said:

Why would it be shipped from the US?

Because that's where their RMA facility is?

When my CPU died the location I had to ship it to is in the US.

Spoiler