Will an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid fit into the Fractal Node 202?

wretlaw120

Woohoo! this is my first time posting something on these forums <.<

I am currently trying to decide what (portable, non-bulky) case to buy. I'm looking at the Fractal Node 202 because of it's small size and portability. I can't find anything on whether the GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid will fit into this case. If it doesn't fit because of the card's radiator, what is the smallest case it would fit into (and possibly leave space for a CPU AIO too)?

Maximum dimension of graphics card is 310x145x47mm (LxHxD) for this case

GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid have  Dimensions

Height: 5.064in - 128.626mm

Length: 10.5in - 266.7mm

Width: Dual Slot (40mm)

I think it can fit  if you have a place for the radiator

Length-wise the GPU would fit in the Fractal Node 202 it has up to 310mm gpu length limit and the gpu is only 266mm, but I'm looking at the case and I'm not seeing room for the water-cooling so I'm not sure if you could squeeze it in and not hit anything.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

The Node 202 wont deal with that radiator. 

Look at the 380T if you want portability.

Especially if you want a cpu AIO.

The node 202 is meant to be an aircooled case. AIOs only work with half length gpus.

Thanks, guys! The 380T Is quite good-looking, thanks for the recomendation.

@Katsunaka how did you get the floatplane pilot tag, and what does it mean?

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

The Node 202 shouldn't be housing a card like the EVGA which isn't a blower style, which form factors like the Node 202 work best with for cooling purposes. Nonetheless, no, you can't mount a radiator+ fan in that case so don't bother with trying to put a radiator in there.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, Sreno1 said:

@Katsunaka how did you get the floatplane pilot tag, and what does it mean?

The first rule of the Floatplane club is we can't talk about the Floatplane club. 

LOL, When Vessel died, Linus started the Floatplane club to keep the income that Vessel provided. It's basically a $3 a month sub to LTT to see videos a week before youtube sees them.  That was what Vessel did for LTT. Gave us the subscribers to that, ad free 1 week early videos. Linus may add more later, but right now that's it. If you go to the store, you can join the club for 3 bucks a month. 

Also we can download DRM free versions of LTT videos if we choose.  That's all. 

Basically I pay LTT 3 bucks a month to see content a week before you do. So I iz SPESHUL.

1 hour ago, Katsunaka said:

The first rule of the Floatplane club is we can't talk about the Floatplane club. 

LOL, When Vessel died, Linus started the Floatplane club to keep the income that Vessel provided. It's basically a $3 a month sub to LTT to see videos a week before youtube sees them.  That was what Vessel did for LTT. Gave us the subscribers to that, ad free 1 week early videos. Linus may add more later, but right now that's it. If you go to the store, you can join the club for 3 bucks a month. 

Also we can download DRM free versions of LTT videos if we choose.  That's all. 

Basically I pay LTT 3 bucks a month to see content a week before you do. So I iz SPESHUL.

You should get a icon under your name too.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

9 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

You should get a icon under your name too.

Doesn't bother me. Prior to the floatplane club I didn't have anything. I paid the 3 a month to Vessel then LTT got a cut. Now LTT gets the full 3, and I get a blue name(down below the reply box in the recently browsing section) and other stuff mentioned.

I'm content with it, Linus will just be like WTF when he sees my recent amazon purchases that were credited to them.