On Screen Keyboard turn off?

ZeusXI

Im running windows 10, and i have a touchscreen. A lot of the time, when i open a new tab, the OSK pops up, and then once i start typing it goes away. Is there anyways to disable it so it doesnt pop up all the time?

It sounds like you may have tablet mode on, or turn on in some conditions, make sure that is disabled and then if that does not fix it, go to ease of access center and make sure osk is disabled there. 

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

7 minutes ago, CarterTJames said:

It sounds like you may have tablet mode on, or turn on in some conditions, make sure that is disabled and then if that does not fix it, go to ease of access center and make sure osk is disabled there. 

i dont have tablet mode turned on. in EoAC its turned off

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Go to Settings > Devices > Typing

And turn off: "Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there is no keyboard attached"

everything is already turned off there and it still the OSK pops up when i click spots to type

5 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

i dont have tablet mode turned on. in EoAC its turned off

everything is already turned off there and it still the OSK pops up when i click spots to type

Are you using the touch screen to create a new tab?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I think the problem is that Windows doesn't see your keyboard attached until it gets an input. So probably the problem is the keyboard drivers.

The good news, is that it is easy to fix. Open the Services panel (Type in the search box: Services, and pick it). A panel will open. Look for " Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service ", and double click on it. On that panel that will appear after double click on the item, hit the "Stop" button, and above, in the dropdown list, pick: "Disable". Click on OK, and close the Service panel. Now, it should not appear again.

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I think the problem is that Windows doesn't see your keyboard attached until it gets an input. So probably the problem is the keyboard drivers.

The good news, is that it is easy to fix. Open the Services panel (Type in the search box: Services, and pick it). A panel will open. Look for " Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service ", and double click on it. On that panel that will appear after double click on the item, hit the "Stop" button, and above, in the dropdown list, pick: "Disable". Click on OK, and close the Service panel. Now, it should not appear again.

THIS WORKED!!! THANK YOU GOOD SIR/MAM!!!