Battlefield 1 controller Support (XB1)

Just want to know if BF 1 has native controller support, or if it will work the way it did with BF4?

If anyone has it already, can you see how it is with an xbox 1 controller. 

(I am aware of the inherent dis-advantage I will be at using a controller, but I simply cannot play with KB/M, and tbh i've never been good enough at these games to worry about it.

Thanks. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

Stick with kb and mouse u will make progress within few weeks. It takes months and months to get anywhere near decent for new user but its hella more worth than playing on a contorller just to spawn and die....

Theres no other way to play fps on pc atm. Nothing else makes sense. For singleplayer I dont care what u use but MP is waste of time in your case (unless u are a pilot and only fly).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I personally pick up my Xbox One pad anytime I fly, and use keyboard/mouse for ground play. It just switches over as soon as you press a button or move a stick on the Xbox pad (and switches back when you click or press a keyboard key), so I guess it has native controller support. I haven't had any issues with it, anyway.

Even if it's not terribly intuitive for you at first, I would recommend trying to put in the time to get used to keyboard + mouse control during infantry combat. It may really improve your play. Up to you, of course.

1 hour ago, typographie said:

I personally pick up my Xbox One pad anytime I fly, and use keyboard/mouse for ground play. It just switches over as soon as you press a button or move a stick on the Xbox pad (and switches back when you click or press a keyboard key), so I guess it has native controller support. I haven't had any issues with it, anyway.

Even if it's not terribly intuitive for you at first, I would recommend trying to put in the time to get used to keyboard + mouse control during infantry combat. It may really improve your play. Up to you, of course.

I will do in the future, but at the mo, my pc is connected to the tv downstairs and is essentially a OP console. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

4 hours ago, Thony said:

Stick with kb and mouse u will make progress within few weeks. It takes months and months to get anywhere near decent for new user but its hella more worth than playing on a contorller just to spawn and die....

Theres no other way to play fps on pc atm. Nothing else makes sense. For singleplayer I dont care what u use but MP is waste of time in your case (unless u are a pilot and only fly).

KB/M better for flying also, more precision still