Fan Control with the MSI Total Fan Control

So ill be getting a MSI H110 ECO soon together with a NZXT s340 case (which includes 2 case fan). I was thinking of adding 2x140mm 3pin fan in the case for proper airflow but the motherboard I'm getting only has 2 additional fan headers.

Will i be able to control all the fans using the MSI Total Fan Control app by using 2 spliiters (1 splitter to 2 exhaust 120mm case fan, and another spliiter for the 2 140mm extra fans im getting)

I have read that 3pin fans can be controlled via voltage control but im quite unfamiliar in how the app works so any help for my case fan problem is really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

45 minutes ago, micocrumpy said:

I have read that 3pin fans can be controlled via voltage control but im quite unfamiliar in how the app works so any help for my case fan problem is really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Yes you can use a splitter, I try not to go past 2-1 on motherboards which don't specify the header power available from the motherboard.

Although the broken english in your motherboards manual seems to say it'll only control the speed of pwm fans, 3pin fans will run full speed no matter what. Might want to save your money on splitters and get something like a phantek pwm fan hub to convert signal

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 hour ago, it_dont_work said:

Although the broken english in your motherboards manual seems to say it'll only control the speed of pwm fans, 3pin fans will run full speed no matter what. Might want to save your money on splitters and get something like a phantek pwm fan hub to convert signal

Not sure where you read that--the motherboard manual shows that 3pin fans should be controlled off of the sys_fan headers just fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Not sure where you read that--the motherboard manual shows that 3pin fans should be controlled off of the sys_fan headers just fine. 

Manual pg 13

Fan connectors can be classified as PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Mode and Voltage
Mode. PWM Mode fan connectors provide constant 12V output and adjust fan speed
with speed control signal. Voltage Mode fan connectors control fan speed by changing
voltage. Therefore, when you plug a 3-pin (Non-PWM) fan to a PWM Mode fan
connector, the fan speed will be always maintained at 100%, and that could be noisy.

It was an assumption made from broken English and a lack of seeing an option in the examples from the bios menu pictures.

And now I'm looking at the picture and seeing the sys fan headers are actually 3 pin, so yes WoodenMarker is right.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

4 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Manual pg 13

It was an assumption made from broken English and a lack of seeing an option in the examples from the bios menu pictures.

And now I'm looking at the picture and seeing the sys fan headers are actually 3 pin, so yes WoodenMarker is right.

They're just explaining how a pwm connector works which is referring to the cpu_fan header. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

After searching for a fan hub, I came across the NZXT gird+ v2 which can control fan speeds with voltage control via the software named CAM if i read correctly. Will this do the job?

I'm sorry if im asking quite newbie questions, it would be my first time installing a hub like this

8 hours ago, micocrumpy said:

After searching for a fan hub, I came across the NZXT gird+ v2 which can control fan speeds with voltage control via the software named CAM if i read correctly. Will this do the job?

I'm sorry if im asking quite newbie questions, it would be my first time installing a hub like this

Yes, that would work. It's nice since you'd be able to control fans individually dependent on different temps. If you don't need that, a splitter or two would probably be cheaper and not use two layers of software control.