AT&T's U-Verse subscribers top ten million as it adds another million wireless users

Youbetternot

That's right TV can go down the trash. U-Verse is basically a Streaming program. It Streams basically TV channels and almost everything. So basically paying for Cable or whatever, but on a computer. Which is alot of people have, I had never watched TV for I don't know 2 years now. 

u-verse-live-tv.jpg

We've been seeing AT&T paying a good deal of attention to its U-Verse service as of late, and it looks like those efforts are paying off for the company. In its third quarter earnings announced today, AT&T confirmed that the service has now topped ten million subscribers (up from 9.4 million in the previous quarter), and that it is the fastest-growing part of its business, now generating $1 billion in revenue per month.

The company's wireless business is also continuing to grow, albeit at a more modest rate, with revenue up 5.1 percent year-over-year as it added 1 million net subscribers during the quarter. Not surprisingly, more of those customers are choosing smartphones than ever. According to the carrier, they represented a record 89 percent of its postpaid phone sales for the quarter, while its total number of new smartphone subscribers stood at of 1.2 million (including current customers who've upgraded).

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/23/atandts-u-verse-subscribers-top-ten-million/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

It's still AT&T, though. From their crappy phone service to terrible DSL, I am sticking to my I will avoid AT&T commitment.

It's still AT&T, though. From their crappy phone service to terrible DSL, I am sticking to my I will avoid AT&T commitment.

same, plus I hate the idea of subscribing to what is basically cable online. I'll stick with Hulu and Netflix and a certain swashbuckling site for my media purposes. ;)

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.