Hyper evo 212 please help?

charbel1011

Guys im getting the i7 6700k for gaming with asus rog 1070 and 144hz i dont like water cooling should i get the hyper evo 212 it will give me good results or get another fan?

Its one of the best air coolers out there for the price.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I personally like the Cryorig H7 better (coming from a 212 evo owner) but it's not bad, just not great visually

the 212 evo will do well, even with a mild overclock. but if you want a better looking cooler at a similar price and performance, see the cryorig h5 / h7

As long as it fits an 1151 socket, and you aren't over clocking it will work fine. I use one

5 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Guys im getting the i7 6700k for gaming with asus rog 1070 and 144hz i dont like water cooling should i get the hyper evo 212 it will give me good results or get another fan?

Get the Cryorig M9i it's smaller and cools slightly better than the 212

Just now, stationvsbox said:

Get the Cryorig M9i it's smaller and cools slightly better than the 212

and cheaper

Can you guys suggest me a fan not just visually better i want something that really get the job done? Is there anything better than the evo 212? Like i wanna do some little over clocking (i dont want water cooling)

What do you class as little overclocking though? 
And do you mean a different fan to go on the 212, or a different cooler than the 212 (heatsink + fan)

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Can you guys suggest me a fan not just visually better i want something that really get the job done? Is there anything better than the evo 212? Like i wanna do some little over clocking (i dont want water cooling)

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

have a look here and chose based on your budget

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181.html

and whether it'll fit

13 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Its one of the best air coolers out there for the price.

No, it's not. It's big, loud and overpriced at this point. The Deepcool Gammaxx 400 is the absolute best value cooler on the market, outperforming everything else in the class, being about as quiet as any of the others and coming in around $25-30. The 212 EVO is obsolete, and the only reason I'd ever recommend it--especially given Cooler Master's declining quality in my experience--is if it is the absolute only cooler that someone can get a hold of in their price range. Even then, it's not suitable for anything more than a mild OC on an i7.

6 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

If you want a nice balance between price and performance, the Cryorig H5 Ultimate is my best recommendation. It's sub-$50 and cools to within a few degrees of the NH-D15, but you've got to make sure your board and case have room for it.

If you want to stay in the price range you're in, the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 is your best bet. If you can't get your hands on the Gammaxx, the Cryorig H7 or Enermax ETS-N30 are all good options, but anything in that $25-35 price range is going to be limited in terms of how much overclocking you can do.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, charbel1011 said:

I cant find a link to the msi core frozr l where can i buy it?

I'm not telling you to buy the MSI Frozr, I linked that chart to show you the 212EVO isn't suited

12 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Noctua DH15

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

surpised Le GRAND is not the best

Guys im really not that good when it comes to computer stuff im new here so help me out , my budget ow is 70$-80$ like i have no idea which one from the list is good, i want something like good enough for overclocking and gaming and can rest my mind that i have high temps, while gaming or overclocking 80$ is my max budget 

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

-snip-

Excuse me :/ for real but i couldnt open the video im on my cellphone :/ you guys cant just picke me up a fan for 80$ max ?

35 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Noctua is the way to go for high end air cooling. Their fans are also the best, full stop, hands down. They are also the ugliest... 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

4 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Excuse me :/ for real but i couldnt open the video im on my cellphone :/ you guys cant just picke me up a fan for 80$ max ?

I'm working on a list. It will be up to you to grab the one you want.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

17 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Guys im really not that good when it comes to computer stuff im new here so help me out , my budget ow is 70$-80$ like i have no idea which one from the list is good, i want something like good enough for overclocking and gaming and can rest my mind that i have high temps, while gaming or overclocking 80$ is my max budget 

Aint nothing wrong with a 212 evo tbh.

I would go with a CRYORIG H7, for $35 bucks it's legit. H7 link

To be REALLY competitive with water cooling the Noctua D14 is super legit for $70. D14 link

I actually have a Noctua 12s on my i7 6700k, legit and fits in almost anything for $60. 12S link

Cryorig has nice air cooler. Them and the 'be quiet!' air coolers probably look the best. Noctua performs the best

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

7 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

To be REALLY competitive with water cooling the Noctua D14 is super legit for $70. D14 link

I actually have a Noctua 12s on my i7 6700k, legit and fits in almost anything for $60. 12S link

Cryorig has nice air cooler. Them and the 'be quiet!' air coolers probably look the best. Noctua performs the best

Screw my list, your suggestion is better.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Screw my list, your suggestion is better.

:1

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

27 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

This noctua fan got my attention it looks awesome just a question though im using a z170-A asus motherboard with 16 gb ram rip jaws dual channel does this fan fit?