Upgrade GPU or Start Fresh

SecretNoob

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my PC but I'm not sure which way to go. My CPU is a i5 3570k running at 4.2Ghz, and my GPUs are 2 GTX 760's in SLI. I also have 8GB of DDR3 @ 2400Mhz. I am looking to run BF1 at or above 60FPS with the graphics above Console quality. I was thinking of getting a 1060 6GB.

The i5 is still pretty capable.  I'd say a new GPU.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

New GPU. I recommend the 1060 6GB. You should be able to max out BF1 with your CPU plus a a 1060.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

6 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

The i5 is still pretty capable.  I'd say a new GPU.

Yep and for 1080 P the 1060 is what is recommended for 60 FPS. GPU.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1060 or 1070 would be your best bet. gtx 1080 would be overkill for 1080p 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Thank you all for the advice. I was really not looking forward to replacing my whole rig pretty much. Besides Newegg and Amazon is there any other reputable retailer to buy from btw?

8 hours ago, SecretNoob said:

Thank you all for the advice. I was really not looking forward to replacing my whole rig pretty much. Besides Newegg and Amazon is there any other reputable retailer to buy from btw?

superbiiz is pretty reputable as is ncix but their prices tend to run high.
I would recommend the 6g gtx 1060 if you just want solid 1080p 60fps performance. But if you are looking for a higher refresh rate, I would upgrade to a 1070. for price to performance, the 1070 is arguably one of if not the best card to have been released in recent years. and 2 gb of extra vram gives you a better buffer for games that are already pushing the 4gb threshold and will last you longer in terms of "im not hitting 60fps anymore I need to upgrade". No need to build a system yet m8. with this upgrade youll be good for a few years more me thinks.

13 hours ago, SecretNoob said:

See if there's a Microcenter near you. They offer competitive prices.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud