Looking for Smallest Case to host GTX 1050 (PSU can ben external)

XellosUAE

Greetings,

I'm looking for the smallest possible case to run emulators (Highest CPU Clocks with a mid range GPU (for internal resolution enhancement only). I would think of such setup:

1) CPU can be:

Intel Model              Base Clock                                   Cores                         Benchmark        Watts                                                      

- Intel Core i3-6320        @ 3.90GHz                                 No of Cores: 2 (2 logical)    6075                51 W

- Intel Core i7-6700K      @ 4.00GHz    Turbo: 4.2 GHz    No of Cores: 4 (2 logical)    10979               95 W       <== If PSU would allow it

- Intel Core i5-6600        @ 3.30GHz    Turbo: 3.9 GHz    No of Cores: 4                     7644                 65 W

2) GPU Can be either GTX 1050/TI  which is around 75 watts consumption or GTX 1060 if PSU would allow it (120 watts for GTX 1060)

3) SSD

I'd really wish to have external PSU in order to make the case smaller (PSU can be hidden somewhere else)

I did try to look for so many brands, but cannot find a good one. here was a list I made trying to find the smallest case with internal PSU. but turned out too big or cannot fit a GTX 1050 (needed to be low profile)

Brand Model Width Hight Depth Volume (L)
Apple Mac Mini 197 36 197 1.40
NFC S4 Mini 330 63 215 4.47
Logic Supply MC600 334 64 198 4.23
fractal design Node 202 377 82 330 10.20
Silver Stone ML09 350 99 205 7.10
Antec MINUET 350 319 94 439 13.16
Antec ISK 310-150 222 96 328 6.99
DAN A4-SFX 112 200 327 7.32
Silverstone FTZ01 376 107 351 14.12

Can you please point me out to a case with external PSU with a very small print that can handle, I believe, 250 ~ 300 Watts?

Thanks...

I would suggest you keep the PSU inside, get an SFX-L one (silverstone). And definitely get the Dan Case A4-SFX, it's the most compact and doesn't really compromise too much cpu performance. Also get a (T) model cpu for more efficient power. Finally, my favorite space saving to feature ratio case is the Ncase M1 v5.0 white version. It's also my personal favorite ITX case and it is the best in my opinion. Here's the Link. Have a nice day, or night whenever you are.

https://www.ncases.com/

Do you need a dedicated GPU for emulators? wouldn't the intel graphics be enough?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Milo Series series is pretty sweet from silverstone. slightly bigger then an x bones 1. interternal psu tho. the node 202 is pretty cool too.

16 hours ago, Chatter_Box said:

... Dan Case A4-SFX, it's the most compact and doesn't really compromise too much cpu performance. Also get a (T) model cpu for more efficient power.

I might go with DAN Case A4 as it is 7L only, but I was hoping for an external PSU to be able to have the lowest volume case (maybe less than 4L), A Pico PSU with high Watts if that does exist?

16 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Do you need a dedicated GPU for emulators? wouldn't the intel graphics be enough?

Well if you need the more compatibility with 3d games, then yes. you would need an Nvidia card (more than ATI) for highest compatibility (OpenGL). Maybe until Vulkan is well supported, at the moment, I'd need to stick with Nvidia. Also, It can support higher Internal resolution than iGPU.

16 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Milo Series series is pretty sweet from silverstone. slightly bigger then an x bones 1. interternal psu tho. the node 202 is pretty cool too.

Another solid choice. but again, I hoped for less than 4 liters

15 hours ago, narrdarr said:

actually check out the S4 Mini from nfc

I am most likely to go with this one even though I would try to install a dust filter. Do you know where I can buy this from? it seems to be non-existence.

17 hours ago, Chatter_Box said:

get an SFX-L one (silverstone). 

Corsair SF (amazing) or LianLi SFX-L (good) are the SFX PSUs that are worth getting. 

Silverstone SFX Gold is okay and the Silverstone SFX Bronze is not very good. 

I'd like to try NFC (S4 Mini) or Logic Supply (MC600) and it seems that it cannot host a PSU inside which is great.

I just want to know what PSU that can deliver 250 Watts as I can see from a YouTuber that he recommended an HDPLEX for the MC600 case. I also don't get how the DC plug can be fixed? I don't usually see a place for cases to provide a plug hole. What are other good brands like Pico PSU or HDPlex?

My brother built an emulator machine in an old NES a few years back, and used a PicoPSU. But then, he only used an i3 and not graphics card, but there are PicoPSUs that can go up to 120 or 150 watts IIRC.