Do the new nvidia cards support dx12 and vulkan now?

I saw that one of the big complaints was something around the lines of "nvidia has poor vulkan and dx12 support and the rx480 is the better choice for all things vulkan and dx12"  but i saw the 1050ti has dx12 and vulkan support now. I'm a bit confused right now. Can somebody explain which cards support the new api's and which don't?

It does support DX12 and Vulkan, however it's not as optimized for it as for example RX 480 which has some pretty good gains when switching into DX12/Vulkan. 

The only sticking point in the mud is the way NVIDIA does graphics and compute at the same time is different than AMD. AMD's architecture naturally is better suited for those tasks, but NVIDIA has ways to get close enough. Though here's the other thing, this is not a required feature of DirectX 12 (and I'm guessing Vulkan too).

Otherwise the GeForce 10 cards, AMD R9 200 to RX 400, and Intel HD 500 series all support DX 12 and Vulkan. Surprisingly, Intel supports every feature that DirectX 12 has (there's a list of optional features that AMD and NVIDIA don't support)

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The only sticking point in the mud is the way NVIDIA does graphics and compute at the same time is different than AMD. AMD's architecture naturally is better suited for those tasks, but NVIDIA has ways to get close enough. Though here's the other thing, this is not a required feature of DirectX 12 (and I'm guessing Vulkan too).

Otherwise the GeForce 10 cards, AMD R9 200 to RX 400, and Intel HD 500 series all support DX 12 and Vulkan. Surprisingly, Intel supports every feature that DirectX 12 has (there's a list of optional features that AMD and NVIDIA don't support)

I have a HD 5500 wait a minute...

But yes, they all support vulkan and dx12

Aye, if implemented well AMD has a way to catch up with certain cards. Still it mostly is on par with their respective counterparts from the green camp and only sometimes a bit more. So all you can say is that Nvidia and AMD have their own ways of gaining a certain perfomance lvl. If in a few years the games do the needed support properly you might see the real big gains. However by then there are different cards and the current gen is somewhat outdated.

But they both support DX12. Besides AMD being currently better optimized for how it works AMD has also a higher tier for it I think. But don't focus to much on that, since that is very depending on gamedesigners implementation. It's better to look what overall suits your needs best currently if shopping for a card, and not on what the future games might have for features that maybe will be implemented.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list