Battlefront Ultra On GTX970 = Not Enough VRAM?

Go to solution Solved by Dabombinable,
1 minute ago, DaCoder said:

System memory? I have 8gb, unless it splits?
My ram is the same from when i had the R9 270x, however.

The drivers require different amounts of RAM. My laptop running Catalyst 15.7 used around 900MB of RAM with Antivirus, while my desktop uses 1.1GB as a minimum with just the drivers installed and no antivirus.

So I got Battlefront when it came out, and of course was disappointed. Since then I have bought a used ASUS GTX 970 STRIX from Amazon. (couldn't afford new)

Now i have seen some BSOD's and driver issues with this card so far, but nothing consistent, until I decided I would try out Battlefront again.

After waiting for a big patch, i tried to find a game, I get in the game, and start choosing a gun...

Game crashes to desktop, with message stating there was not enough memory (of 4gb) to add another element, thus crashing DX.

I mess around with the settings, same each time, then I set it to Low, and it runs just fine for 10 minutes. I then set it to Ultra in-game, and my computer BSOD's.

This perplexes me as I had a 270X from Sapphire before, and it ran Ultra no problem.

It only had 2gb of VRAM, and I never ran into any issue what-so-ever.

The new GPU has 4gb, and on top of that, is even faster.

Interestingly I had bought the NVIDIA because i was sick of the glitches from AMD, and although I have seen BSOD's and various glitches, my experience is better on the NVIDIA than the AMD.

So here are the questions: Is there a tool i can use to stress test my GPU? Anything I can do as far as Battlefront is concerned, to avoid this issue? Should I expect my GTX970 to run Battlefront on Ultra?

Car: 1994 Accord LX, 1978 280z

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DaCoder/saved/#view=zZZhP6

7 minutes ago, DaCoder said:

So I got Battlefront when it came out, and of course was disappointed. Since then I have bought a used ASUS GTX 970 STRIX from Amazon. (couldn't afford new)

Now i have seen some BSOD's and driver issues with this card so far, but nothing consistent, until I decided I would try out Battlefront again.

After waiting for a big patch, i tried to find a game, I get in the game, and start choosing a gun...

Game crashes to desktop, with message stating there was not enough memory (of 4gb) to add another element, thus crashing DX.

I mess around with the settings, same each time, then I set it to Low, and it runs just fine for 10 minutes. I then set it to Ultra in-game, and my computer BSOD's.

This perplexes me as I had a 270X from Sapphire before, and it ran Ultra no problem.

It only had 2gb of VRAM, and I never ran into any issue what-so-ever.

The new GPU has 4gb, and on top of that, is even faster.

Interestingly I had bought the NVIDIA because i was sick of the glitches from AMD, and although I have seen BSOD's and various glitches, my experience is better on the NVIDIA than the AMD.

So here are the questions: Is there a tool i can use to stress test my GPU? Anything I can do as far as Battlefront is concerned, to avoid this issue? Should I expect my GTX970 to run Battlefront on Ultra?

It means system memory. I get the same with my 4790K+GTX 970 G1 Gamiing in Fallout 4 after splitting its original 16GB up for a separate rig, meaning that I had to increase the page file size (which is also split across 2x SSD+2x HDD) as 8GB of RAM wasn't enough otherwise. Windows doesn't seem to manage memory too well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, DaCoder said:

System memory? I have 8gb, unless it splits?
My ram is the same from when i had the R9 270x, however.

The drivers require different amounts of RAM. My laptop running Catalyst 15.7 used around 900MB of RAM with Antivirus, while my desktop uses 1.1GB as a minimum with just the drivers installed and no antivirus.

PMSL

The 970 is more than capable of running Battlefront. I ran it at max settings at 60 FPS stable.

7 minutes ago, DaCoder said:

It seems either repairing my directory solved it, or only one map is effected: Sullust.

Where there any other programs not open this time?

PMSL