New 1070 cannot maintain 60 FPS on BF1

Go to solution Solved by marclemore,

Thanks for all of the help everybody, I'll go download some more RAM

I bought a MSI 1070 gaming X GPU the other day to replace my old card. I uninstalled all of my old AMD drivers, I ran DDU, and then I installed the latest Nvidia drivers. The problem is I can't run Battlefield 1 at a constant 60 fps while my buddy with a 980ti is able to get it over 100 FPS. This issue is incredibly frustrating and I would of thought that for 400 dollars I would be getting much better performance. I messed with just about every setting in game, turning off Direct X 12 did nothing, and turning the resolution scaling down to 50 % did not help me get any frame rates over 80 fps with drops to 60 fps. This is extremely odd to me, I've tried reinstalling the drivers, and that did not do anything either. I ran the "Time Spy" benchmark on 3DMark and scored a 5531. (graphics score of 6092, cpu score of 3635). From what I can tell that is very low. 
And advice would be much appreciated. 

My other specs are as follows:
Cpu- Intel i7 4770k OC to 4.0 or 4.2 GHz
Motherboard- Asus 787-k
Ram- 8 GB single stick DDR3
PSU- Corsair RM1000 watt Gold 
GPU- MSI gaming X 1070

Have you tried adjusting your in game settings?

Just because your friend can get 100 fps doesn't mean you will. Try adjusting your settings, just because you bought a new 1070 doesn't mean it'll run every game at ultra max settings.  

Try the GeForce optimized settings, then try turning down from there.

Make sure your card is registering with your system and hooked up correctly. Originally my card was not and I was actually using my cpu's integrated graphics. 

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

What resolution are you playing the game at?

1080p.

3 minutes ago, Hydrogen1803 said:

Make sure your card is registering with your system and hooked up correctly. Originally my card was not and I was actually using my cpu's integrated graphics. 

Do you just mean check to see if it is in the PCI slot properly? I really dont think Integrated graphics would be able to run BF1 on ultra presets at 45 fps

5 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Have you tried adjusting your in game settings?

Just because your friend can get 100 fps doesn't mean you will. Try adjusting your settings, just because you bought a new 1070 doesn't mean it'll run every game at ultra max settings.  

Try the GeForce optimized settings, then try turning down from there.

I thought the same thing. I went down to low presets and the performance stayed the same. Even down scaling the resolution had little impact on the frame rate.

Just now, marclemore said:

Do you just mean check to see if it is in the PCI slot properly? I really dont think Integrated graphics would be able to run BF1 on ultra presets at 45 fps

Lol my bad, it probably couldn't run it like that. I'd still check the connection and your resolution. Also make sure nothing is taxing the card in the background. 

I think that your having only 8 GB of RAM could be limiting your performance. EA recommend 16 GB of RAM for Battlefield 1.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 minutes ago, marclemore said:

And advice would be much appreciated.

Next time go red. An RX 480 would have been a better investment. ;) 

Just now, Delicieuxz said:

I think that your having only 8 GB of RAM could be limiting your performance. EA recommend 16 GB of RAM for Battlefield 1.

This. 

My build:

i7-6800k @ 4.32GHz

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7

G.Skill Rampage V 4x8GB DDR4-2800MHz @ 2916MHz

Zotac 1070 AMP Extreme @ 2100MHz

Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 NVME SSD

Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD

EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler

NZXT Hue+

Corsair 750D Airflow Edition

8GB Single Channel RAM? That might be a problem. Add another DIMM and see if it helps.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, MaxBunny said:

Next time go red. An RX 480 would have been a better investment. ;) 

An RX 480 in DX12 performs less than a GTX 1070 in DX11.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Oh, I did not realize that. My friends are running the game much better than I and they all have 16+ GB of ram. 

My buddy says that while in game he was using 7.5 GB of ram, I did not have much going on in the back ground, so how likely is it that my memory could be bottle-necking the GPU?

Yea, throw in another 8GB stick and you should be fine. More and more games coming out will need 16GB of RAM rather than just 8. 

My build:

i7-6800k @ 4.32GHz

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7

G.Skill Rampage V 4x8GB DDR4-2800MHz @ 2916MHz

Zotac 1070 AMP Extreme @ 2100MHz

Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 NVME SSD

Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD

EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler

NZXT Hue+

Corsair 750D Airflow Edition

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

An RX 480 in DX12 performs less than a GTX 1070 in DX11.

The fan boys are quick to jump on an issue that probably even isn't the GPU to begin with.

1 minute ago, marclemore said:

Oh, I did not realize that. My friends are running the game much better than I and they all have 16+ GB of ram. 

Try getting another stick of ram that's the exact same as your current ram, or buy a 16gb kit.

The GPU doesn't seem to be the problem.  Timespy score seems fine and you seem to be bottlenecked since performance doesn't increase when you mess with the settings.  The RAM could be a possible bottleneck.  Does the GPU perform as expected in other games?  

The other things to try are stuff like making sure vsync is disabled both ingame and in the nvidia control panel 

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I'll do that, my buddies are giving me lots of shit for only having one 8 GB stick xD times are a'changing

Thanks for all of the help everybody, I'll go download some more RAM

Here's a website for all your RAM-downloading needs: http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

(I assume you're joking)