Intel CPU batch numbers for Haswell-E CPUs

Go to solution Solved by DildorTheDecent,

J batch is supposedly USA. And X is Vietnam i think. 

And like snowflakes, no two are the same batch. 

I have found this information...

-First digit is the location: Majority of Intel chips will have L as the first digit indicating Malaysia
0 = San Jose, Costa Rica
1 = Cavite, Philippines
3 = Costa Rica
6 = Chandler, Arizona
7 = Philippines
8 = Leixlip, Ireland
9 = Penang, Malaysia
L = Malaysia
Q = Malaysia
R = Manila, Philippines
Y = Leixlip, Ireland 

-Second digit is the year in which it was produced
-Third and fourth digits are the week in the year in which it was produced
-Fifth digit, if it is A it means less voltage and more heat and if it is B, more voltage and less heat
-Sixth, Seventh and eighth digits indicate the batch.

My questions now...

1. What does J stand for????? (I can't find that location anywhere, but they say that they are among the best you can get)
  2. Are they unique? (I mean, is it possible to have the same batch number as someone else?)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

18 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Actually, I searched on google and found that there are many people with CPUs that have the same batch number, but their overclocking results vary...(Sometimes there is a big difference and sometimes a smaller one)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Actually, I searched on google and found that there are many people with CPUs that have the same batch number, but their overclocking results vary...(Sometimes there is a big difference and sometimes a smaller one)

My old 3570K wasn't a great overclocker. Yet one that was produced just weeks before or after it was returning great clocks for some users :( 

Is an odd thing. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

11 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

My old 3570K wasn't a great overclocker. Yet one that was produced just weeks before or after it was returning great clocks for some users :( 

Is an odd thing. 

I have heard that some specific batches overclock like beasts (Some Haswell-E batches have even been able to reach 5.0GHz at 1.35V!!!!) and some others overclock like crap (Your 3570K might have been from a batch that was not that great...)

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

I have heard that some specific batches overclock like beasts (Some Haswell-E batches have been even able to reach 5.0GHz at 1.35V!!!!) and some others overclock like crap (Your 3570K might have been from a batch that was not that great...)

Indeed it was. For Haswell X batch is rather good. Some L310 and L311s are great too. 5GHz as low as the 1.35V~ range is fantastic. 

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Indeed it was. For Haswell X batch is rather good. Some L310 and L311s are great too. 5GHz as low as the 1.35V~ range is fantastic. 

Yes, I have also heard that the J batch can constantly achieve 4.7-4.8GHz at 1.3-1.35V... I have a J545 CPU and I will test mine as soon as I buy the Kraken X61 (Hoping for the best! :D)

40 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, I have also heard that the J batch can constantly achieve 4.7-4.8GHz at 1.3-1.35V... I have a J545 CPU and I will test mine as soon as I buy the Kraken X61 (Hoping for the best! :D)

Nice. Dailying high clocks is great.