How to remove a gmail from a google account?

LukeS

So I have an "@domain.com" email as my email for my google account. I want to make a gmail for it instead of the "@domain". However, I have a different "fake.email@gmail.com" email I made b/c google wanted a gmail with my account when I made my account two years ago. Now I can't remove this "fake.email@gmail.com" from my google account. Is there a way to replace this gmail with a new one? Thanks.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense. I've been at this thing for over 3 hours now.

-LukeS

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

1 minute ago, Naeaes said:

Create a new Google account with your new email address and then move your data over from the old account. Then do what you want with the old account.

Okay thanks! I have actually been downloading (the 3.9 GB of data from) my original account and have the new gmail forum complete. This really helps and has given me closure. Thanks again!

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

7 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Create a new Google account with your new email address and then move your data over from the old account. Then do what you want with the old account.

How do I merge my data to the new one? The link you gave did not explain how to move the downloaded files to the new account.

22 minutes ago, LukeS said:

How do I merge my data to the new one? The link you gave did not explain how to move the downloaded files to the new account.

You have to do it manually. Copy your emails to your email server, copy your drive files into your new drive folder and so on. I didn't even try to move any of my metadata like search or Youtube view history. That might not be possible, I thought.

9 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

You have to do it manually. Copy your emails to your email server, copy your drive files into your new drive folder and so on. I didn't even try to move any of my metadata like search or Youtube view history. That might not be possible, I thought.

Huh. Okay, thanks! Google seems to be pretty ignorant about users, then, eh?

22 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

How did you copy hangouts/google plus? Those are my main concerns. I want to have my old convorsations handy.

9 minutes ago, LukeS said:

How did you copy hangouts/google plus? Those are my main concerns. I want to have my old convorsations handy.

I don't use either of them. According to this and this it's not possible to move circles or hangouts. If I were to do it now, I guess I'd download the contacts using the takeout and then add them manually or with a script. Or more honestly, I'd probably do the lazy thing and just send a message to everyone to add my new account and set up an away message for the old.